Cosmic Pro Carbon UST
The allure of carbon combined with proven Cosmic performance—fast, lightweight and always reliable.
Lightweight, aero and efficient.
Versatile performance for all road riding conditions.
- 40mm NACA-inspired rim shape minimizes drag for added speed.
- Reduced inertia of the lightweight rim delivers instant acceleration.
- Mavic Road Tubeless UST improves rolling efficiency.
Better tire grip and control with reduced risk of flats.
- Minimal drag, low inertia and high lateral stiffness makes it fast and efficient on all types terrain, from the flats to mountain climbs.
- Best braking efficiency of carbon clinchers thanks to iTgMAX.
- Best-in-class tire grip thanks to UST and 11Storm compound.
- High flat protection thanks to UST and easy on-the-road tire repair.
The Cosmic Pro Carbon has traditionally been favored primarily for fast, flat races, but recent improvements have boosted this wheel's versatility.
Now it delivers incredible all-rounder performance at a price that can't be beat. Engineered with Mavic UST technology, the Cosmic Pro Carbon UST offers all the benefits of tubeless, including less rolling resistance, a smoother ride quality and a reduced risk of flats.
The rims are made using our iTgMax process, which not only minimizes weight, but also improves braking performance and reliability, especially on long, steep descents.
The 40mm deep rims are NACA compliant for low drag and excellent crosswind stability, and their lighter weight results in reduced inertia for explosive acceleration and climbing efficiency.
The Cosmic Pro Carbon UST is completed with 25mm Yksion Pro UST tires for maximum rolling efficiency, grip and a smooth, comfortable ride.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM, convertible to Campagnolo with optional driver body
- FTS-L Campagnolo freewheel body (30871201)
- FTS-L Shimano / SRAM freewheel body (30871101 Delivered on the wheel)
- Pair without tyre: 1650 grams
- Front without tyre: 745 grams
- Rear without tyre: 905 grams
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: steel
- Sealed cartridge bearings (QRM)
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Max. Pressure: see indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the 2
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 1 : road only
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x19TC Road
- Use with Mavic Tubeless Tape
- Material: 3K carbon fibers
- Brake track: carbon with iTgMAX technology
- Drilling: traditional
- Internal width: 19 mm
- Height: 40 mm
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Nipples: steel, ABS
- Shape: straight pull, flat, double butted
- Material: steel
- Lacing: radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- Count: front 18, rear 20
UST Tubeless Ready
- Front and Rear Tread: 11 Storm single compound
- Yksion Pro UST
- UST Tubeless Ready
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Breaker: Polyamide, from bead to bead
- Casing: 127 TPI
Traction, control and lightweight.
The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort while reducing inertia and flats.
The 'tubeless ready' construction results in a lighter tyre for improved performance.
Integral Glass Transition Temperature
iTgMAX consists in an inner rim bed finished with multiple layers of seamless carbon fiber to achieve a unique one-piece rim contour without cutting any fibers. The brake track is then finished with a laser machining to ensure the best braking efficiency.
Qualité de Roulements Mavic
Mavic only uses high quality sealed cartridge bearings. On QRM wheels, they feature double sealing (2RS or LLU) together with tight C3 internal clearance.
Force Transfer System Light
Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminum hub body.