303 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Rim-brake
Zipp’s 303 Firecrest Tubeless rim-brake wheelset is an all-around wheelset for a new era of road riding. It’s rich in heritage yet loaded with innovations. It’s as adept in the mountains as it is on rolling hills, windswept farm lanes, or ferocious field sprints. At Zipp, we never rest on laurels. This wheelset features a 19mm internal width and is tubeless ready. That means you can run lower tire pressure for greater cornering grip and compliance with reduced rolling resistance without the risk the pinch flats. When it comes to pure speed, the 303 Firecrest Tubeless packs a serious punch. It’s lightweight with ABLC Sawtooth Technology, a complex dimpling pattern first developed for our top-level NSW wheel lineup. This technology helps to achieve the optimization of low aerodynamic drag and crosswind stability, which we call AeroBalance. Zipp’s ShowStopper textured braking surface delivers unrivaled rim braking performance in wet or dry conditions. At the center of the 303 Firecrest Tubeless rim-brake is a new versatile and durable hubset, the German-engineered ZR1.
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
- New ZR1 hub is engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability and quicker response with 66 points of engagement
- Built with Sapim CX Sprint J-bend spokes
- Tubeless ensuring secure performance even when ridden at lower tire pressures
- Versatile 45mm rim profile that’s fast, stable and versatile
- ABLC Sawtooth dimple design helps manage air flow around the rim, and contributes to create a faster, more stable wheel
- Showstopper textured brake track delivers superior modulation and shortest stopping distances in wet and dry conditions
- XDR or SRAM/Shimano driver bodies
- Ships with QR end caps, quick release skewers
- Campagnolo driver body sold separately
Our industry leading silicon carbide Showstopper brake track continues to evolve and improve, providing unmatched stopping power and modulation regardless of weather conditions or the length of the descent.
Zipp’s Sawtooth dimple design consists of 12 nodes that are specifically clocked to start aerodynamic shearing at a rate of 50hz at a rider speed of 20mph. Sawtooth accomplishes this by inducing small sheet vortices that shed at a low magnitude, but at a higher natural frequency, thus decreasing the laminar bubble effect on the aerodynamically shielded side of the rim’s profile to further reduce high yaw drag and improve crosswind stability.
Zipp’s sole mission is to help you go faster. That's why our wheels are race-ready before they're camera-ready. For years, Zipp has used a combination of testing methods – wind tunnel, CFD computer simulations, pro athlete evaluations, on-road testing, and the RollingRoad ride simulator – to refine aero performance to new levels of excellence. Over the decades of innovation, our engineers have learned to look beyond just focusing on simply reducing aero drag. Instead, the goal now is to reduce aero drag while also minimizing the effects of crosswinds on handling. This optimizing of aero efficiency and crosswind stability became known internally at Zipp as AeroBalance. The approach began with Firecrest technology and has been advanced with the introduction of the NSW lineup, especially with the Sawtooth technology found in the 454 and 858 NSW. Sawtooth accomplishes this with a series of patented fin-shaped Hyperfoil nodes along the inner diameter of the rim that work together with our new HexFin ABLC dimples for improved airflow.
- Size (wheels): 700c
- Rim construction: Carbon w/Hooks
- Tire compatibility: Clincher or Tubeless tires
- Brake compatibility: Rim
- Driver body type: SRAM XDR, SRAM/Shimano Road
- Rim inside width: 19mm
- Rim finish: UD fiber, adhesive decals
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Weight: 1530g (Lightest configuration: Quick Release axles and XDR body. No tape or valve included in weight. Front: 688g Rear: 842g)