With wide rims and pinch-flat prevention, this wheelset improves the performance of E-MTBs and is optimized for large tires up to 81mm (3.2").
E-MTB specific engineering to boost performance.
More control, more confidence on the trail.
- PFP (Pinch Flat Protection) rim sidewalls minimize the risk of rim damage and flat tires.
- Hardened freehub body.
- Increased spoke count and flange diameter to handle added torque.
Improved tire performance.
- 28-spokes configuration and wheel designed to meet the demands of e-MTB while keeping weight low.
- ID 360 precise engagement ratchet gives a snappy response.
- Specific rim profile and spoke count to handle the added weight of an e-bike.
- 35mm wide rims to support large tires, up to 3.2.
- UST for optimal tubeless functionality.
- PFP to minimize the risk of tire cuts and punctures.
Riders everywhere are discovering the freedom and fun of riding e-MTB. As the technologies in these forward-thinking machines progress, so must their components. That’s where the new E-XA35 Elite wheel comes in.
Engineered to give pedal-assist trail riders the performance and durability they need to ride rugged off-road terrain, the E-XA35 combines Mavic’s unrivaled wheel-building expertise with new e-bike specific innovations including PFP (Pinch Flat Protection).
The added weight and torque that’s associated with E-bikes demands a super-strong and durable wheelset. The E-XA35 Elite is built on a wide, lightweight and durable rim with a 35mm internal width.
The rim is produced using our patented ISM 4D technology to remove all but the most necessary material, which allows for quick acceleration and a dynamic ride quality. It also features a unique asymmetric shape with the PFP sidewall to reduce the chance of flat tires or rim damage from rocks and roots.
The wheels are UST Tubeless Ready so it’s easy to experience the improved traction and control of the high-volume tubeless tires (up to 3.2”), and laced with 28 straight-pull bladed spokes front and rear. The ID 360 freehub delivers fast engagement to further enhance the dynamic feel. The E-XA35 Elite is Boost compatible, and works with either Shimano or SRAM cassettes with an optional driver body.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Freewheel: Shimano Micro Spline
- Front axle: 15mm, convertible to 20mm thru axle with included adapters
- Rear axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to Quick Release with optional adapters
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM or XD
- ID360 Shimano Micro Spline alloy freewheel body (V3990101)
- Boost : 12x148 rear axle adapters (V2510701 Delivered with the wheel)
- Boost : 20x110 boost front hub cap (V2680401 Delivered with the wheel)
- ID360 XD freewheel body (V3740101)
- ID360 Shimano steel freewheel body (V3790101)
- Pair 650b/27,5" without tyre: 1990 grams
- Front 650b/27,5" without tyre: 940 grams
- Rear 650b/27,5" without tyre: 1050 grams
- Auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto), front and rear
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360 steel
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 150kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 4 : ENDURO AND TRAIL RIDING
- Recommended tyre sizes: 65mm to 81mm (2.5" to 3.2")
- ETRTO size 27.5": 584x35TC
- Internal width: 35 mm
- Use with Mavic Tubeless Tape
- Weight reduction: ISM 4D
- Drilling: traditional
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Joint: SUP
- Material: Maxtal
- Count: 28 front and rear
- Shape: straight pull, flat, double butted
- Material: steel
- Lacing: front and rear crossed 3
UST Tubeless Ready
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM or XD
- Hub width : Boost only (front 110, rear 148)
- Disc standard : 6 Bolts only
Traction, control and lightweight
The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort while reducing inertia and flats.
The 'tubeless ready' construction results in a lighter tyre for improved performance.
Instant Drive 360
The new Instant Drive 360 freewheel system is super light and fast to engage with only 9°. A large contactless rubber seal provides low friction, while a wide array of end caps makes it super versatile.
Light and strong
Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
Inter Spoke Milling
An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM involves the machining of the lower bridge of the rim between each spoke hole to create a light and rigid rim without reducing the durability of the rim.