Mavic Crossmax SL Pro WTS (Wheel Tire System)
Exclusive technologies and brand new tyre for all-round Fast & Light performances
Whether you’re competing or not, cross-country riding requires components that make you light and fast on the bike in all situations.
ISM 4D rim – lightweight with no compromise
Crossmax SL Pro is the first mountain bike wheel to use Mavic patented ISM 4D technology. This means machining around the rim, which reduces weight and inertia to offer a more dynamic ride. And because race courses and cross-country trails can take their toll on your bike, ISM 4D doesn't compromise on reliability or stiffness – it removes material only where it won’t affect the strength or dynamics of the wheel as a whole.
Matching Crossmax Pulse tyres
To complement these high-end technical wheels, Crossmax SL Pro comes mounted with a set of Crossmax Pulse tyres. We’ve spent years developing these tyres to achieve the perfect balance of speed and weight: they have a fast rolling compound on the centre tread for speed, and softer side knobs (Xmix dual compound, 55/50) for confident cornering. This tyre also shreds mud for extra grip on tough or wet trails.
A fully tubeless system
With user-friendly UST rims and lighter UST Tubeless Ready tyres, this fast and light system brings all the benefits of a tubeless wheel: great traction and control, a lower risk of flats and reduced weight.
Practical and compatible
Featuring the proven, quick engagement ITS-4 freewheel system on the rear, Crossmax SL Pro hubs are compatible with multiple axle standards so the wheels can stay with you even if you change your bike or forks. To make them even more practical, the hubs are compatible with 9mm and 15mm axles on the front, 9x1355 (QR), 12x135 and 12x142 on the rear with all adapters delivered. There is also a Lefty Supermax (2.0) front and an Ai/Offset rear version available in 27.5" and 29". Crossmax SL Pro comes in black/grey and yellow limited colours, with tyres matching the rim graphics. It is also available in black, without tyres, in all three diameters.
The most responsive UST Wheel-Tyre System for fast accelerations
Convenience and reliability of a Mavic UST system
- The lowest inertia: ISM 4D rim, UST Tubeless Ready tire Stiff: 19 mm rim, thru-axle compatible, Fore, Zicral Efficient energy transfer: ITS-4, Isopulse, UST, Fast rolling tread, X-mix compound
One model to fit every need
- Ease of use: ready to ride UST standard
- Mavic race proven technologies: UST, SUP, Fore, ITS-4, QRM+
- UST Tubeless Ready tire: lighter construction, greater speed
- For World Cup racing and fast trail riding
- Extended hub compatibility: 9/15 and 9/12x135/142, Sram XD and Shimano 11s
- X-mix compound: perfect balance of grip, speed and reliability
- Pair 26" without tyre: 1390 grams
- Front 26" without tyre: 630 grams
- Rear 26" without tyre: 760 grams
- Pair 650b/27,5" without tyre: 1470 grams
- Front 650b/27,5" without tyre: 665 grams
- Rear 650b/27,5" without tyre: 805 grams
- Pair 29" without tyre: 1520 grams
- Front 29" without tyre: 690 grams
- Rear 29" without tyre: 830 grams