SPEED 55 DB
The new rim profile characterizing the Speed 55 DB is a further step forwards in the search for the best aerodynamic performance. The model therefore focuses on a demanding and "racing" audience. To improve the rolling resistance (and ultimately the speed) of the wheel/tyre system, we designed this model in the 2-WAY FIT version.
The manufacturing process of the carbon fibre rim without holes in the internal channel - a patented construction technology - also allows a stronger and sturdier construction capable of withstanding even the most extreme racing conditions. The rim with a 19 mm inner width perfectly matches recent trends of using increasingly wider tyres - a choice that further improves the aerodynamic performance of the wheel/tyre system. This data has been validated by intensive wind tunnel studies and trials where new projects are tested on a regular basis. SPEED 55 DB proved to be the best option in terms of aerodynamic penetration indexes in the Fulcrum range and is derived from the profiles developed for the tubular version used by World Tour teams.
The SPEED range not only responds in terms of aerodynamic performance. Optimizing performance also requires the wheels to be light and run smooth. The scale stops at 1580 gr and we have chosen to add ceramic USB bearing components.
2-Way Fit profile for tubeless and clincher.
Tubeless technology was first used by the auto industry , then by motorcycles and now has reached the cycling industry. After its debut with mountain bikes the moment has come to “put it on the road”, and that’s what we propose to do.
We have developed our 2-Way Fit technology to ensure the perfect compatibility of our tubeless rims with normal clincher types and tubes. 2-Way Fitroad bike wheels are perfectly multipurpose for tackling every situation. Thanks to a special impression in the valve area, the tubes are fitted with the maximum precision while keeping the tube perfectly stable inside the tyre.
Housing the valve for tubeless tyres is also risk-free, with the unquestionable advantage that there are never any air infiltrations caused by non-ideal positioning when fitting.
RDB Rim Dynamic Balance
USB - Ceramic Ultra Smooth Bearings
Fulcrum has a long-standing reputation for the extremely high performance of its hubs in terms of smoothness and reliability.
In fact, all the projects are entirely developed in our R&D department and we have put obsessive care into taking care of every detail.
The hubs with USB ceramic bearings (Ultra Smooth Bearings) further enhance the triathlon and road bike wheels’ smoothness and reduce weight and the need for maintenance.
2:1 Two-to-One Spoke Ratio - Disc Brake
A system that is as simple as it is effective, the result of the ingenuity of Fulcrum engineers and attentive observation of the results of the tests performed on the wheels on a daily basis.
These tests made it possible to understand that the forces that act on the sides of the wheels, and therefore on the spokes, are extremely different; but what’s more, the differences between the front and rear wheels are also evident and significant. The front wheel, in fact, has to remain stable even during braking of the disk on the left side, and the rear wheel, in addition to the sprocket set, has to compensate for the traction of the force on the chain side.
- DRSC Directionated Rim-Spoke Coupling
- Anti-Rotation System
- AFS axle system
- Rim Full Carbon technology
- Wide Rim Tech
- Undrilled Rim Bed
- Cup & Cone
- Disc specific Rim
- Carbon hubs
- Plasma freehub
- Oversize Flange
- Monoblock hub for Disc
- tyre type: 2-Way fit (for clincher and tubeless)
- tyre size: 28"
- discipline: Road / Triathlon
- ASTM category: 2
- weight: 1580 g
- rim material: Carbon
- rim material details: Full carbon, carbon fiber finishing
- profile height: Deep Section
- rim height: Front and rear: 55 mm
- rim width: 26,5 mm
- inner rim width (channel): 19 mm
- tyre width: From 23 mm to 50 mm
- braking system: Disc brake
- braking surface/brakes options: AFS
- front axle compatibility: HH12-100
- rear axle compatibility: HH12-142
- front wheel spokes: 21, Two-to-one (14 left 7 right)
- rear wheel spokes: 21, Two-to-one (7 left 14 right)
- spokes: material Stainless steel, double butted
- spokes: profile Rounded
- nipples: Aluminum
- front hub: Carbon, OversizedAluminium flange
- rear hub: Aluminum, OversizedAluminium flange
- bearings: USB ceramic bearings. Adjustable Cup & Cones system
- others: Plasma treated HG freewheel. Aluminum Axle
- Weight limit: 120 kg (rider,bike, equipment and luggage)
- FWB options: Shimano 11-speed, Campy, SRAM XDR