Racing 3 DB
How many times have you imagined a set of all-purpose wheels, excellent in the winter, agile and performing uphill, with no limits on less-than-perfect road surfaces, reliable and ready when you need to concentrate exclusively on your training, and a loyal companion when your goal is big mountain passes, great distances, and big adventures?
Racing 3 DB is a concentrate of technology designed to raise the performance bar in a wide range of situations, setting new standards for satisfaction and reliability.
The focus here was on substance and the R&D division at Fulcrum have taken everything to a higher level, choosing the most balanced, evolved a technical solution for every single essential component. Extremely smooth thanks to the cone and cup bearings and comfortable thanks to steel spokes that ensure 25% more shock absorption.
The 19 mm wide well also ensures generous, robust, stable contact with the road.
"Versatility" for Racing 3 DB means making the difference whatever the context: as a training wheel, for long distances, and on gravel. It is also a high-class upgrade for those who enjoy cycling without any competitive intent.
Good-looking, refined, detail-attentive construction.
- 2-Way Fit: 2-Way Fit profile for tubeless and clincher.
- Tubeless technology was first used by the auto industry , then by motorcycles and now has reached the cycling industry. After its debut with mountain bikes the moment has come to “put it on the road”, and that’s what we propose to do.
- RDB Rim Dynamic Balance: The concept is simple and elegant: balance the weight of the gasket, with an item of similar weight placed on the exact opposite side.
- 2:1 Two-to-One Spoke Ratio Disc Brake: A system that is as simple as it is effective, the result of the ingenuity of Fulcrum engineers and attentive observation of the results of the tests performed on the wheels on a daily basis.
- MoMag: A magnet and lots of ingenuity. This was what led to the patent for the well-tested “Mounting Magnet” system, or MoMag.
- Anti-Rotation System: This new system raises the concept of spoking to a new level of performance for road bike and triathlon wheels ( and mtb too)
- The Fulcrum engineers have redesigned the spokes and the hub housings to create a solid and unmoveable whole.
- AFS axle system: The Axial Fixing System is the solution developed by Fulcrum to fix the disc brake to the hub. The constraint granted by the butt area of the release mechanism, greater than in familiar standard ones, makes it possible to obtain greater structural rigidity and therefore more precise and powerful braking.
- Wide Rim Tech: Fulcrum’s R&D department, following requests from the competition circuit, has worked to create rims that are wider than before, about 4 mm or more than previously. This technical choice provides an ideal basis for 25/28mm tyres, the sizes currently popular.
- Cup & Cone: The cup-and-cone bearing differs from the classic cartridge bearing because it works in perfect alignment with the forces involved, weight and thrust from the frame, as the bearings run in a race positioned directly opposing these forces.
- High strength Aluminum: Special aluminium the best aluminium wheels require carefully chosen materials. For "High strength Aluminum", Fulcrum R&D uses only the best aluminium alloy 6082, with artificial ageing T6 temper that stabilises the alloy and gives it maximum life and reliability.
- Plasma freehub: The Plasma treatment makes the aluminium especially hard and resistant to surface abrasion and wear. This has allowed thickness of materials to be reduced to a minimum, achieving advantages of lighter weight, while maintaining lifespan and reliability.
- Oversize Flange: The Oversize Flange was developed from the need to create a system to transmit every watt to the ground without dispersion, stiffening the wheel system where necessary, without having to add spokes or superstructures that increase weight.
- Monoblock hub for Disc: To combat the loss of braking power from flex and torque of the connector between the two sides of the hub, a special one-piece system has been devised with internal stiffening ribs.
- Tyre type: 2-Way fit Ready (for clincher and tubeless)
- Tyre size: 28"
- Discipline: Road / Gravel
- ASTM category: 2
- Weight: 1660 g
- Rim material: Aluminum
- Rim material details: Alluminio (6082, T6 Pre-Aging), R2-Milling
- Profile height: Low
- Rim height: Front and rear: 28 mm
- Rim width: 23,8 mm
- Inner rim width(channel): 19 mm
- Tyre width: From 23 mm to 42 mm
- Braking system: Disc brake
- Braking surface/brakes options: AFS
- Front axle compatibility: HH12-100
- Rear axle compatibility: HH12-142
- Front wheel spokes: 21, Two-to-one (14 left + 7 right)
- Rear wheel spokes: 21, Two-to-one (7 left + 14 right)
- Spokes: material: Stainless steel, double butted
- Spokes: profile: Rounded, straight pull
- Nipples: Aluminum
- Front hub: Aluminum, Aluminum oversize flange
- Rear hub: Aluminum, Aluminum oversize flange
- Bearings: Adjustable Cup & Cones bearing system
- Others: Aluminum Axle. QR only with optional accessories
- Weight limit: 109 kg (Cyclist)
- FWB options: HG11, Campy, Optional: XDR