RAPID RED 5 DB
Bikepacking? Unsupported bike races? Breaking free from the limits of tarmac roads? Unpaved tracks, exciting journeys, trails and new horizons...
There are many ways of interpreting something that - far from being a new trend enjoyed by the few - has become a different way of enjoying cycling chosen by many. For some, it represents a new way of putting themselves to the test, while for others, it is an alternative choice that offers a world of new possibilities.
B-Road or "gravel" bikes are all this and more, and the Rapid Red 5 DB wheel has been designed and developed by Fulcrum for this kind of riding.
Whilst developing the Rapid Red 5 DB, Fulcrum's R&D department has brought together all the experience and technical expertise gained while creating racing bike wheels, drawing on this to design a model for use on surfaces other than tarmac.
Unpaved roads, paths and dirt tracks call for a wider inner channel - 23 mm in this instance - with a low, ultra-resistant 24 mm rim, to cushion blows and deliver superb ride comfort, regardless of the stresses to which it is exposed.
The profile of the wheel enables tubeless ready tyres of between 33 and 46 mm to be fitted, with an extensive range of set-ups that can be adjusted in accordance with the type of tracks to be ridden. The 24 straight-head spokes are supported by a solid aluminium hub, ideal for tackling rough terrain and for taking the slightly higher weights of a bike that is ready to go on a journey.
Get ready to start dreaming about your next trip: check your equipment, get your lights ready, and take all the time you need. Your Rapid Red 5 DB wheels will be your faithful companion, comfortable and reliable, light and precise.
This, fundamentally, means freedom.
- F.I.C. Fulcrum Identification Card 100% HANDMADE QUALITY
- AFS axle system
- 2Way Fit Ready (ROAD)
- tyre type: 2-Way fit Ready (for clincher and tubeless ready)
- tyre size: 622mm/700c/28"-29"
- discipline: B-Road (Gravel)
- ASTM category: 2
- weight: 1700 g
- rim material: Aluminum
- rim material details: Aluminium
- profile height: Low
- rim height: 24 mm
- rim width: 28 mm
- inner rim width (channel): 23 mm
- tyre width: From 32 mm to 46 mm
- braking system: Disc brake
- braking surface/brakes options: AFS
- front axle compatibility: HH15-100/HH12-100
- rear axle compatibility: HH12-142
- front wheel spokes: 24
- rear wheel spokes: 24
- spokes: material: Aluminum
- spokes: profile Rounded, straight pull
- nipples: Aluminum
- front hub: Aluminum, Aluminum flanges
- rear hub: Aluminum, Aluminum flanges
- bearings: Sealed cartridge bearings
- others: Aluminum Axle
- Weight limit: 109 kg (Cyclist)
- FWB options: HG11, XDR, Optional: Campy
* The "Rapid Red 500" custom model has the same technical features as the "Rapid Red 5" model described here