Wind 40 DB
The combination of attention to aerodynamics and versatility creates Wind 40 DB.
It's natural to point out that the design of the 40 mm rim is the direct descendant of the 55 profile: all the solutions developed for the higher profile have been included here, in a less specialised version.
So 40 mm, a light rim, created by the superposition of wide, modern unidirectional layers, with a pronounced profile (8 mm radius): innovative shapes, designed to blend with the tyre in a single element capable of eliminating turbulence, avoiding interrupting the flow of air that meets the wheel during the race.
But 40 mm also means versatility, because it is generally one of the sizes most appreciated by those who do not want to overdo things, but want an excellent wheel uphill, stiff and snappy, precise when riding. The system is completed with aluminium hubs, designed at the CNC, which support 24 "straight pull" spokes, guaranteeing maximum overall rigidity, both in acceleration and when braking, without influences due to the asymmetric nature of the forces coming from the disc and cogset.
Wind 40 DB is certainly the multi-purpose choice, with a strong focus on aerodynamics, to be fast, very fast, uphill, fast, very fast, on the flat, and just as much so downhill.
- 2-Way Fit
- RDB Rim Dynamic Balance
- DRSC Directionated Rim-Spoke Coupling
- Anti-Rotation System
- F.I.C. Fulcrum Identification Card 100% HANDMADE QUALITY
- AFS axle system
- Rim Full Carbon technology
- Wide Rim Tech
- Undrilled Rim Bed
- Disc specific Rim
- tyre type: 2-Way fit (for clincher and tubeless)
- tyre size: 28"
- discipline: Road / Triathlon
- ASTM category: 2
- weight: 1620 g
- rim material: Carbon
- rim material details: Full carbon, "UD" carbon fiber finishing
- profile height: Medium
- rim height: Front and rear: 40 mm
- rim width: 27 mm
- inner rim width (channel): 19 mm
- tyre width: From 23 mm to 50 mm
- braking system: Disc brake
- braking surface/brakes options: AFS
- front axle compatibility: HH12-100
- rear axle compatibility: HH12-142
- front wheel spokes: 24 (16 left 8 right)
- rear wheel spokes: 24 (8 left 16 right)
- spokes material: Stainless steel, double butted
- spokes profile: Rounded, straight pull
- nipples: Aluminum
- front hub: Aluminum, Aluminum flanges
- rear hub: Aluminum, Aluminum flanges
- bearings: Sealed cartridge bearings
- others: Aluminum Axle
- Weight limit: 109 kg (Cyclist)
- FWB options: HG11, Campy, XDR