X-King – The all-around genius!
The X-King model (pronounced cross king) fi lls the gap between the Race King and Mountain King II.
Super-fast, yet extremely grippy, the X-King was developed in conjunction with the Topeak-Ergon MTB pro team. Along with the basic versions in 2.2" und 2.4" widths, the ‘made in Korbach’ RaceSport and ProTection models come with the impressive BlackChili compound with its unique combination of grip and fast rolling.
Despite the proud tread, the X-King rolls fast and light. The highly puncture resistant ProTection design is perfect for multi-day riding and racing while the weight optimised RS version is more suited to the xc and marathon circuit.
Whether a solo or team rider, the X-King is suitable for all types of riding from xc to all-mountain in combination with our Race or Mountain King.
- The X-King 29inch are meant for 29er bikes.
- The X-King wire is the economic version of the X-King.
- The X-King ProTection version features checkered flag sidewalls, which make the tyre extremely resistant against punctures.
- The X-King RaceSport version can be recognised by its smooth sidewalls and offers significantly more puncture protection when compared to the Supersonic version while still saving weight.
- The X-King Supersonic version offers uncompromised lightness at limited puncture protection.
- The X-King UST version is meant for UST/Tubeless wheelsets, but can also be ridden in combination with a regular inner tube on conventional wheelsets.
This unique tread rubber mixture which is only produced in our German factory has revolutionised bicycle tyres. The resultant compound showed a new relationship between grip and rolling resistance. This ‘Elevated level’, as it was previously known, was given the name ‘BlackChili’.
Countless test wins that were shown in laboratory tests show a tangible benefi t. The latest polymers, nanoscale soot particles and optimized fi llers all guarantee a unique performance, from downhill MTB tyres to the time trial tyres of the ProTour, they are second to none in their respective areas. BlackChili Compound improves rolling resistance by 26 % and provides 30 % more grip than activated silica compounds.
Premium tyres with BlackChili Compound also impress with higher mileage and unlike many multi-compounds, provide a constant ride from the fi rst to the last kilometre.