The most powerful wheel-on bike trainer featuring Descent simulation and Dynamic inertia for a highly realistic ride feel and hill climb simulations. Compatible with your favourite training apps, like Tacx, Zwift and TrainerRoad.
The Genius Smart is the most powerful wheel-on bike trainer available. With a max incline of 20% and able to resist sprints up to 2000 Watts, this is the perfect training tool for structured workouts, virtual rides or hill climb simulations.
Dynamic inertia is developed to control the mass inertia (ride feel) as realistic as possible. In contrast to the mass inertia of a flywheel, Dynamic inertia compensates for weight, speed and angle of inclination. This ensures the most realistic and smooth ride feel.
Responsive LED lights on the trainer change colour from green to red based on your training intensity. The LED lights flash at the rhythm of your cadence.
At to the top of a hill or mountain there is always that exciting feeling of accelerating into a descent. Exactly that feeling is what this bike trainer gives you. The Genius Smart accelerates in a descent.
A fully interactive Smart trainer simulating inclines up to 20%.
A 40 mm roll to minimize slip and noise.
Easy automatic calibration ensures an accuracy within 5%.
Speed, Power & Cadence
All Tacx smart trainers measure speed, power and cadence accurately without the need for external sensors. However, when an external sensor is preferred it can be used and connected easily.
Securely locked In
Tacx wheel-on trainers are easy to setup. With two easy clicks your bike is securely locked in the trainer frame, making sure that your bike is safely fixed and doesn’t go anywhere.
Skyliner as a handle
The Skyliner not only serves as a front wheel support for a natural cycling position, but can also be used as a handle for your trainer.
This wheel-on trainer is designed with a large 40 mm diameter roll to minimize slip and noise. The roll is made from two materials: a hardened steel sleeve with a soft core of elastogel. The steel sleeve prevents wear of the trainer, while the elastogel absorbs vibrations to reduce noise.
Features & Specifications
- Type of trainer Interactive Smart trainer with motor brake
- Magnets 4 Neodymium magnets
- Transmission Roller, 40 mm
- Electrical requirements 110-240 Volt
- Power indicator 7 LEDs
- Connection indicator (ANT/BT) None
- Firmware upgradable Yes
- Suitable axles Width of rear fork: Race 130 mm, MTB 135 mm. Adapters for other widths available
- Suitable bikes Race, Tri & MTB , if necessary with axle skewer , 29ʺ wheel with Tacx trainer tyre
- Supplied with Front wheel support , Quick release for road bikes and mountain bikes (5mm)
Data output and control
- Max. power (40 km/h) 2000 Watt
- Max. incline 20%
- Simulation of descent Yes
- Max. torque 51 Nm
- Max. brake force 150 N
- Flywheel Virtual
- Mass inertia Variable to 125kg (275.6lbs)
- Calibration Automatic
- Footprint (lxw) 675 × 650 mm (26.6 × 25.6 in)
- Height 410 mm (16.1 in)
- Dimensions when folded 565 × 410 × 245 mm (22.2 × 16.1 × 9.65 in)
- Weight 10.3 kg (22.7 lbs)
- Article number T2080
- Wireless communication ANT+ FE-C , Bluetooth Smart open
- Control by Smartphone , Tablet , ANT+FE-C bike computers , Stand alone , Connect to computer via ANT+antenna
- Output Speed , Cadence , Power
- Read out on Smartphone , Tablet , Bike computer , Sports watch , Computer with ANT+ antenna
- Accuracy <5%