Lightweight rim technology and durable components make this the perfect wheel choice for challenging trail riding conditions.
Weight: 1690 grams (Pair 650b/27,5" without tyre)
Innovative technologies boost control and confidence on the trail.
ISM 4D machining makes the wheel lighter without compromising strength.
25mm wide (internal) rim.
New ID 360 freehub system for quick pedal engagement.
Proven strength and durability for off-road adventures.
24 bladed straight-pull and double-butted spokes on front and rear.
Tubeless tape provides the lightest and simplest way to get tubeless benefits including better traction, comfort and reduced risk of punctures.
Easy-to-use tubeless performance.
Using UST technology, the wheel comes prepared for easy tubeless set up.
The XA Elite was born to meet the needs of trail riders who love to push the limits on challenging terrain. Lightweight, strong and engineered to deliver confidence and control, it boasts purpose-built features for off-road performance.
The first thing that sets the XA apart from the competition is the Maxtal rim. Our patented ISM 4D technology removes all but the most necessary material, so you get snappier acceleration and a more dynamic ride quality. A 25mm wide (internal) rim features UST technology with tubeless tape installed so it’s easier to experience the improved traction and control of tubeless tires.
The rims are laced to our proven QRM hubs for smooth, dependable performance no matter how rough the conditions. The new ID 360 freehub delivers fast engagement to further enhance the dynamic feel. The entire wheel system weighs an impressive 1690g for 27.5 and 1770g for 29''. The XA Elite is available in 15x100 and 12x142 (both convertible to quick release) or Boost (15x110 and 12x148) in 27.5” and 29”.
- Front axle: convertible from 15mm thru axle to Quick Release with adapters (delivered with non-boost wheel)
- Rear axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to Quick Release with adapters (delivered with non-boost wheel)
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram or XD
- Pair 650b/27,5" without tyre: 1690 grams
- Front 650b/27,5" without tyre: 780 grams
- Rear 650b/27,5" without tyre: 910 grams
- Pair 29" without tyre: 1770 grams
- Front 29" without tyre: 815 grams
- Rear 29" without tyre: 955 grams
- Auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto), front and rear
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Recommended tyre sizes: 46mm to 64mm (1.8" to 2.5")
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 3 : CROSS COUNTRY AND TRAIL RIDING
- Use with Mavic Tubeless Tape
- Hookless profile
- Internal width: 25 mm
- ETRTO size 29": 622x25TSS
- ETRTO size 27.5": 584x25TSS
- Weight reduction: ISM 4D
- Drilling: traditional
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Joint: SUP
- Material: Maxtal
- Shape: straight pull, flat, double butted
- Material: steel
- Lacing: front and rear crossed 2
- Count: 24 front and rear
- Hub width : Boost (front 110, rear 148) or Non-Boost (front 100, rear 135/142)
- Disc standard : 6 Bolts only