E-XA 30 Elite
Improve the performance of your e-MTB with this purpose-built wheelset designed for trail bikes.
Innovative engineering gives you breakthrough e-bike specific performance.
More control, more confidence on the trail.
- PFP (Pinch Flat Protection) rim sidewalls minimize the risk of rim damage and flat tires.
- Hardened Freewheel body.
- Increased spoke count and flange diameter to handle the added torque
Improved tire performance.
- Optimized 28-spoke configuration and wheel design to meet the demands of e-MTB while keeping the weight low.
- ID 360 precise engagement ratchet gives a snappy response.
- Specific rim profile and spoke count to handle the added weight of an e-bike.
- PFP to minimize the risk of tire cuts and punctures.
- 30mm wide rims to support large tires, up to 3.0.
- UST for optimal tubeless functionality.
Engineered to meet the unique demands of today’s rapidly evolving e-MTB, this wheelset combines key technologies established in our proven trail wheelsets with new e-bike specific innovations including PFP (Pinch Flat Protection).
The added weight and torque that’s associated with E-bikes demands a super-strong and durable wheelset, especially for trail riding terrain.
The E-XA30 Elite is built on a wide, lightweight and durable rim with a 30mm internal width. The rim is produced using our patented ISM 4D technology to remove all but the most necessary material, which allows for quick acceleration and a dynamic ride quality. It also features a unique asymmetric shape with the PFP sidewall that helps reduce the chance of flat tires or rim damage from rocks and other trail obstacles. They are UST Tubeless Ready so it’s easy to experience the improved traction and control of tubeless tires, and laced with 28 straight-pull bladed spokes front and rear. The ID 360 freehub delivers fast engagement to further enhance the dynamic feel.
The E-XA30 Elite is Boost compatible, and works with either Shimano or SRAM cassettes with an optional driver body.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Freewheel: Shimano Micro Spline
- Front axle: 15mm, convertible to 20mm thru axle with included adapters
- Rear axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to Quick Release with optional adapters
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM or XD
- ID360 Shimano Micro Spline alloy freewheel body (V3990101)
- Boost : 12x148 rear axle adapters (V2510701 Delivered with the wheel)
- Boost & Non-Boost : 20 to 15mm front adapter (12982801 Delivered with the wheel)
- Boost : 20x110 boost front hub cap (V2680401 Delivered with the wheel)
- ID360 XD freewheel body (V3740101)
- ID360 Shimano steel freewheel body (V3790101)
- Pair 650b/27,5" without tyre: 1960 grams
- Front 650b/27,5" without tyre: 908 grams
- Rear 650b/27,5" without tyre: 1052 grams
- Pair 29" without tyre: 2060 grams
- Front 29" without tyre: 958 grams
- Rear 29" without tyre: 1102 grams
- Auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto), front and rear
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360 steel
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 150kg, bike included
- Recommended tyre sizes: 60mm to 76mm (2.35" to 3.0")
- ASTM CATEGORY 4 : ENDURO AND TRAIL RIDING
- Internal width: 30 mm
- ETRTO size 29": 622x30TSS
- ETRTO size 27.5": 584x30TSS
- Use with Mavic Tubeless Tape
- Weight reduction: ISM 4D
- Drilling: traditional
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Joint: SUP
- Material: Maxtal
- Count: 28 front and rear
- Shape: straight pull, flat, double butted
- Material: steel
- Lacing: front and rear crossed 3
UST Tubeless Ready
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM or XD
- Hub width : Boost only (front 110, rear 148)
- Disc standard : 6 Bolts only
- Color: Black only
Traction, control and lightweight
The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort while reducing inertia and flats.
The 'tubeless ready' construction results in a lighter tyre for improved performance.
Instant Drive 360
The new Instant Drive 360 freewheel system is super light and fast to engage with only 9°. A large contactless rubber seal provides low friction, while a wide array of end caps makes it super versatile.
Inter Spoke Milling 4 Dimensions
An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM 4D significantly reduces weight and inertia without compromising durability. Quicker accelerations, better handling and more resistance ; the right mix to make the most of any ride. The smooth profile also helps reducing aerodynamic drag
Light and strong
Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.