Cross-country MTB wheels
Engineered for the specific demands of off-road e-bikes, this durable wheel boosts overall performance and reduces the risk of flats.
Weight: 2100 grams (Pair 650b/27,5" without tyre)
Innovative engineering gives you breakthrough e-bike specific performance.
PFP (Pinch Flat Protection) rim sidewalls minimize the risk of rim damage and flat tires.
Increased spoke count and flange diameter to handle the added torque.
More control, more confidence on the trail.
Optimized 28-spoke configuration and wheel design to meet the demands of e-MTB while keeping the weight low.
ID 360 40-tooth precise engagement ratchet gives a snappy response.
Specific rim profile and spoke count to handle the added weight of an e-bike.
Improved tire performance.
30mm wide rims to support large tires, up to 3.0.
UST for optimal tubeless functionality.
PFP to minimize the risk of tire cuts and punctures.
E-Mountain bikes have their own unique demands and performance parameters.
Everything from the system weight (rider and bike) to the riding style is different compared to traditional mountain bikes.
This new wheelset represents all we have learned through extensive testing of off-road e-bikes, and it's aimed at helping everyday off-road riders get the best performance out of their machines.
It features a new rim technology we call PFP (Pinch Flat Protection), which minimizes the risk of flat tires and rim damage.
Changing a flat on the trail is that much more complicated on an e-bike, so this is a key benefit of the E-Crossmax.
The UST rims make it easy to run tubeless tires, which offer increased traction, a smoother ride quality and no chance of pinch flatting a tube.
They feature a new asymmetrical shape and are 30mm wide (internal), which is optimal for large tires up to 3.0".
The wheels have an increased spoke count (28 straight pull) and larger diameter flanges on the hubs to handle the added torque of e-bikes.
And like all Mavic wheel systems, they are engineered to be as light as possible without sacrificing strength.
This helps your e-bike accelerate faster and perform more efficiently.
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram or XD
- Pair 650b/27,5" without tyre: 2100 grams
- Front 650b/27,5" without tyre: 977 grams
- Rear 650b/27,5" without tyre: 1123 grams
- Pair 29" without tyre: 2175 grams
- Front 29" without tyre: 1015 grams
- Rear 29" without tyre: 1160 grams
- Auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto), front and rear
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360 steel
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 150kg, bike included
- Recommended tyre sizes: 60mm to 76mm (2.35" to 3.0")
- ASTM CATEGORY 3 : CROSS COUNTRY AND TRAIL RIDING
- E-Bike specific rim profile
- Internal width: 30 mm
- ETRTO size 29": 622x30TSS
- ETRTO size 27.5": 584x30TSS
- Use with Mavic Tubeless Tape
- Hookless profile
- Joint: sleeved
- Drilling: traditional
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Material: S6000 Aluminum
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Count: 28 front and rear
- Material: steel
- Lacing: front and rear crossed 3
- Shape: straight pull, round