Cross-country MTB wheels
This iconic XC wheel delivers pro-level race performance with lightweight rims and a dynamic ride quality.
Weight: 1525 grams (Pair 650b/27,5" without tyre)
Accelerate faster, use less energy on climbs.
ISM 4D machined rim is lighter without compromising strength.
24 Zicral spokes with Isopulse lacing (rear) ensures a stiff and responsive ride.
Ride challenging XC terrain with more control.
22mm hookless rim for increased comfort, control and traction.
Better traction, reduced risk of flats with UST tubeless technology.
Simple tubeless tire setup with no tape needed.
Run lower tire pressure for increased control and comfort.
Engineered with a rim that’s precisely machined for lighter weight and uncompromising strength, the Crossmax Pro elevates the XC experience—whether you’re racing, training or just shredding trails. With an internal width of 22mm and our patented ISM 4D technology, the rim provides a lightweight and dynamic ride quality. The ISM 4D process machines the rim between each spoke hole. This reduces weight without compromising strength, making it easier to climb and accelerate.
The Zicral spokes and Isopulse (rear) lacing increase wheel stiffness for sharp, predictable handling. This is a fully tubeless UST system without the use of tape, making it easy to experience the benefits of tubeless, including better traction and fewer punctures.
The system is compatible with quick release and 15mm thru-axle on the front, quick release and 12mm thru-axle in the rear. You can choose standard (15x100 and 12x142) or Boost versions in either 27.5" and 29".
- Front axle: convertible from 15mm thru axle to Quick Release with adapters (delivered with non-boost wheel)
- Rear axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to Quick Release with adapters (delivered with non-boost wheel)
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram or XD
- Pair 650b/27,5" without tyre: 1525 grams
- Front 650b/27,5" without tyre: 709 grams
- Rear 650b/27,5" without tyre: 816 grams
- Pair 29" without tyre: 1580 grams
- Front 29" without tyre: 735 grams
- Rear 29" without tyre: 845 grams
- Front bearings : adjustable sealed cartridge bearings (QRM+), Rear bearings : auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto)
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Recommended tyre sizes: 36 mm to 64 mm (1.4" to 2.5")
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 3 : CROSS COUNTRY AND TRAIL RIDING
- Hookless profile
- Internal width: 22 mm
- ETRTO size 29": 622x22TSS
- ETRTO size 27.5": 584x22TSS
- Weight reduction: ISM 4D
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Drilling: Fore
- Joint: SUP
- Material: Maxtal
- Shape: straight pull, bladed, double butted front and rear non drive side
- Lacing: front crossed 2, rear Isopulse
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminum
- Count: 24 front and rear
- Material: Zicral
- Ai Offset (rear)
- Lefty 50 (29" only)
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram or XD
- Lefty 60 Supermax
- Hub width : Boost (front 110, rear 148) or Non-Boost (front 100, rear 135/142)
- Disc standard : 6 Bolts only