Cosmic Pro Carbon SL UST
Fast and light wheels
This UST Road Tubeless wheel is so fast we had to re-engineer it for better braking. Fly up climbs, descend with supreme confidence.
Weight: 1490 grams (Pair without tyre)
Roll faster and smoother with a reduced risk of punctures.
With UST Road Tubeless, no tube means no friction. So you experience less rolling resistance and higher speeds.
UST Road Tubeless lets you ride with lower tire pressure for a smoother ride quality and a reduced risk of punctures.
Our patented UST system offers a perfect union between tire and wheel, so installation, removal and maintenance are easy.
Accelerate, climb and sprint with less effort.
UST system (including sealant) is 40g lighter than a traditional tire and tube system.
Aero-shaped rim features NACA profile for lower drag and improved crosswind stability.
25mm external width for improved rim/tire integration and superior handling in all conditions.
Patented elliptical spokes further enhance aerodynamics.
Descend with more confidence and control.
iTgMax technology carbon rim material can withstand temperatures up to 200° C.
Laser process removes resin from brake track while leaving carbon intact, producing predictable braking performance in dry or wet conditions.
The pinnacle of carbon clincher performance, the Cosmic Pro Carbon SL UST combines lightweight aero design with our all-new UST Road Tubeless technology.
The result is an incredibly capable all-rounder with super low rolling resistance; a smoother, more comfortable ride quality; and the added security of a reduced risk of punctures.
Plus, it’s the most user-friendly tubeless system when it comes to installation, removal and maintenance.
As a pioneer in tubeless technology with our proven UST system, Mavic gives you the confidence that comes with our history and expertise.
The rim design of the Cosmic Pro Carbon SL UST features a 19mm inner width that’s ideal for 25mm tires.
The aerodynamic NACA profile reduces wind drag and improves crosswind stability.
The rim is produced with layers of continuous carbon fiber to achieve a unique one-piece contour straight out of the mold.
This technique, which we call iTgMax, offers superior heat management, allowing the rim to withstand temperatures up to 200° C.
Our unique molding process and laser machining achieves a consistent braking track with nearly zero surface variations.
This results in the shortest braking distances in both dry and wet conditions, with superior consistency.
The hubs feature our lightweight, fast-engaging Instant Drive 360 freewheel system, laced with our patented aero spokes.
And the wheel-tire system comes with Yksion Pro UST tires that provide a simple, hassle-free tubeless road setup with high rolling efficiency and maximum grip in all weather.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies
- ID360 Shimano / Sram freewheel body (V3440101 Delivered on the wheel)
- ID360 XD freewheel body (V2580101)
- ID360 Campagnolo freewheel body (V3440101)
- ID360 Shimano / Sram Light freewheel body (V3850101)
- Tyre 700x25: 260 grams
- Pair without tyre: 1490 grams
- Front without tyre: 665 grams
- Rear without tyre: 825 grams
- Front bearings : adjustable sealed cartridge bearings (QRM+), Rear bearings : auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto)
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 1 : road only
- Max. Pressure tubeless: 25mm 6 bars 87 PSI, 28mm 5 bars - 70 PSI. Max pressure tubetype: 25mm 7 bars - 102 PSI, 28mm 6 bars - 87 PSI
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x19TC Road
- Use with Mavic Tubeless Tape
- Material: 3K carbon fibers
- Brake track: carbon with iTgMAX technology
- Drilling: traditional
- Internal width: 19 mm
- Height: 40 mm
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Shape: straight pull, aero, double butted
- Count: front 18, rear 24
- Nipples: aluminum, ABS
- Material: steel
- Lacing: front radial, rear Isopulse
- Front and Rear Tread: 11 Storm single compound
- Yksion Pro UST
- UST Tubeless Ready
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Breaker: Polyamide, from bead to bead
- Casing: 127 TPI