Cosmic Pro Carbon SL Tubular Disc
Fast and light wheels
From road racing to ’cross, this carbon tubular does it all. Light, stiff and disc-brake ready.
Weight: 1540 grams (Pair without tyre)
Total race performer, from the climbs to the flats.
40mm wind tunnel optimized rim reduces wind drag.
Full-carbon and ultra-light rim for faster climbing and acceleration.
Instant Drive 360 freewheel system offers low weight and super-fast engagement.
Super stiff with efficient power transfer means zero wasted watts.
High quality 3K full carbon fiber rim.
Optimized spoke dish and Isopulse lacing.
Low friction, smooth and durable QRM bearings.
Added control in all conditions with purpose-built disc-brake technology.
24 spokes front and rear for optimized brake torque distribution.
Front hub convertible from 12mm or 15mm thru-axle to quick release (with optional adapters).
Rear hub convertible from 12x142 thru-axle to quick release (with optional adapters - not available in Germany).
Center Lock only.
XD Road compatible (with an optional driver body).
From the hills to the flats, road racing or cyclocross, the Cosmic Pro Carbon SL T Disc is the ultimate pro-level all-rounder.
It’s light, stiff and aerodynamic—purpose built for disc-brake technology. The tubular rim was born from our Paris-Roubaix winning Cosmic Carbone 40 T. It’s 25mm wide to offer more tire support and improved aerodynamics and its full 3K carbon lay-up is built to last and resist major impacts.
It’s also engineered for the unique performance characteristics of disc brakes. Since 90% of a rider’s weight is transferred to the front wheel when braking hard, we’ve built the front wheel with a higher spoke count (24). The spokes are crossed on each side of the hub to better transfer the braking load to the ground with no loss of stiffness and no wheel wobbling.
The rear wheel is designed for maximum power transfer and rolling efficiency, using 24 spokes and Isopulse lacing (radial on the drive side) for maximum energy transfer. It also features our Instant Drive 360 hub for lower friction, snappy freewheel engagement, and compatibility with any frame thanks to tool-free conversion from Quick Release to 12x142 thru-axles.
The front wheel comes ready for a 12mm thru-axle, but easily converts to standard quick release and 15mm thru-axle with optional adapters. The rear wheel is delivered as a 12x142 and can convert to standard quick release with optional adapters.
The Cosmic Pro Carbon SL T Disc is available for Center Lock rotors only and Shimano / SRAM cassettes. It’s Convertible to Campagnolo or SRAM XD with optional driver bodies.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Front axle: 12mm thru axle, easily convertible to quick release with included adapters. Convertible to 15mm with complete axle replacement
- Rear axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to Quick Release with included adapters
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies
- ID360 Shimano / Sram freewheel body (V3440101 Delivered on the wheel)
- ID360 XD freewheel body (V2580101)
- ID360 Campagnolo freewheel body (V3440101)
- ID360 Shimano / Sram Light freewheel body (V3850101)
- 12x135 rear axle adapters (V2510901)
- 12 to 9mm rear adapter for quick release (V2510801 Delivered with the wheel)
- 12x142 rear axle adapters (V2510701 Delivered with the wheel)
- 12 to 9mm front adapter for quick release (V2680301 Delivered with the wheel)
- Pair without tyre: 1540 grams
- Front without tyre: 730 grams
- Rear without tyre: 810 grams
- Auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto), front and rear
- Front: Quick release, 12x100 and 15x100 through axle compatible
- Rear: Quick Release, 12x142 and 12x135 compatible
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Max. Pressure: 23mm 8.7 bars 125 psi, 25/28mm 7.7 bars - 110 psi
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- Material: 3K carbon fibers
- ETRTO size: 28" tubular
- Drilling: traditional
- Height: 40 mm
- Disc brake specific profile
- Tyre: tubular
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Shape: straight pull, aero, double butted
- Nipples: aluminum, ABS
- Material: steel
- Lacing: front crossed 2, rear Isopulse
- Count: 24 front and rear