Cosmic Pro Carbon Exalith
Fast and light wheels
A lightweight aero hybrid alloy/carbon wheel with the added braking performance of Exalith braking technology.
Weight: 1690 grams (Pair without tyre)
Sprint faster and slice through wind easier.
45mm deep NACA profile produces low drag in varying conditions.
25mm external rim width is optimized for a 25mm tire for low drag and predictable crosswind performance.
Patented elliptical spokes further enhance aerodynamics.
Climb and accelerate quicker.
17mm internal rim width offers and 25mm tires, offers low rolling resistance and a smoother ride.
The Instant Drive 360 freewheel delivers faster engagement.
Wheelset weighs only 1650g.
Descend with more confidence and control.
Exalith rim technology reduces braking distances 18% on average in wet or dry conditions.
Reduced rim wear increases longevity, and a matte black finish lasts for thousands of kilometers.
This proven hybrid alloy/carbon Wheel-Tire System is super-efficient on flat and rolling terrain and now has a lower weight along with the awesome braking power provided by our Exalith braking technology.
Exalith is produced with a chemical treatment that reinforces the rim profile, making it less prone to wear on the brake track. It reduces braking distance by 18% compared to a traditional alloy rim in both wet and dry conditions.
The rim is engineered with a smart blend of alloy and carbon and has an aerodynamic NACA profile (45mm deep, 25mm wide) for low drag and reliable crosswind stability. The carbon adds lateral stiffness for instant acceleration, and the aluminum brake track produces reliable braking performance with a stable platform for clincher tires. Our exclusive Maxtal alloy and ISM (Inter Spoke Milling) technology saves weight without sacrificing durability.
A new patented aerodynamic spoke shape saves additional watts, and the rear hub features our Instant Drive 360 freewheel system for snappy engagement, super smooth bearings and high durability.
The system includes a 25mm Yksion Pro GripLink tire up front, optimized for grip, and a Yksion Pro Powerlink rear tire for efficiency and acceleration. Both have specific tread patterns to optimize performance grip in all conditions.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies
- ID360 Shimano / Sram freewheel body (V3440101 Delivered on the wheel)
- ID360 XD freewheel body (V2580101)
- ID360 Campagnolo freewheel body (V3440101)
- ID360 Shimano / Sram Light freewheel body (V3850101)
- Tyre 700x25: 210 grams
- Pair without tyre: 1690 grams
- Front without tyre: 755 grams
- Rear without tyre: 925 grams
- Front bearings : adjustable sealed cartridge bearings (QRM+), Rear bearings : auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto)
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Max. Pressure: 23mm 8.7 bars 125 psi, 25/28mm 7.7 bars - 110 psi
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 1 : road only
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x17C
- Brake track: Exalith 2
- Drilling: traditional
- Internal width: 17 mm
- Material: Maxtal and 12K carbon fiber
- Height: 45 mm
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: clincher
- Weight reduction: ISM
- Joint: SUP
- Shape: straight pull, aero, double butted
- Nipples: aluminum, ABS
- Material: steel
- Lacing: front radial, rear Isopulse
- Count: front 16, rear 20
- Breaker: Front Kevlar, Rear polyamide
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Yksion Pro GripLink (front) & PowerLink (rear)
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Casing: 127 TPI