Comete Pro Carbon UST
The high-performance feel of carbon plus the wind-slicing aero speed of our Comete technology
Proven aero speed
Fast acceleration and rolling efficiency
- 65mm NACA-inspired rim shape minimizes drag.
- 26mm wide rim optimized for 25mm tires.
- Flat spokes.
Improved grip and control, fewer flats
- Reduced inertia of the lightweight rim delivers instant acceleration.
- Mavic Road Tubeless UST improves rolling efficiency.
- Best braking efficiency of carbon clinchers thanks to iTgMAX.
- UST and 11Storm compound provides best-in-class tire grip.
- Reduced risk of flats with UST, plus easy roadside tire repair.
Speed and aero performance shouldn’t be reserved just for pros. Based on our race-proven Comete Pro Carbon SL rims, this new carbon road wheel brings true aero benefits to more people.
Perfect for fast, flat road races or windy triathlons, it features progressive aerodynamic technology that delivers a stable ride quality. The rim is engineered with a NACA rim profile that’s 64mm deep and 26mm wide. This wide, rounded shape was developed through countless hours in our wind-tunnel to produce the lowest possible drag without sacrificing stability in crosswinds. Their light weight and high lateral stiffness make them feel quick and responsive out of every corner.
The iTgMax brake track offers the industry benchmark in braking efficiency, in both dry and wet conditions. This innovation has proven to offer the highest level of reliability among all carbon clincher options.
The Comète Pro Carbon UST is completed with 25mm Yksion Pro UST tires for maximum rolling efficiency, grip and a smooth, comfortable ride.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM, convertible to Campagnolo with optional driver body
- FTS-L Campagnolo freewheel body (30871201)
- FTS-L Shimano / SRAM freewheel body (30871101 Delivered on the wheel)
- Pair without tyre: 1830 grams
- Front without tyre: 835 grams
- Rear without tyre: 995 grams
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: steel
- Sealed cartridge bearings (QRM)
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Max. Pressure: see indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the 2
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 1 : road only
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x19TC Road
- Height: 64mm
- Use with Mavic Tubeless Tape
- Material: 3K carbon fibers
- Brake track: carbon with iTgMAX technology
- Drilling: traditional
- Internal width: 19 mm
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
UST Tubeless Ready
- Nipples: steel, ABS
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, flat
- Lacing: radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- Count: front 18, rear 20
Traction, control and lightweight.
The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort while reducing inertia and flats.
The 'tubeless ready' construction results in a lighter tyre for improved performance.
Integral Glass Transition Temperature
iTgMAX consists in an inner rim bed finished with multiple layers of seamless carbon fiber to achieve a unique one-piece rim contour without cutting any fibers. The brake track is then finished with a laser machining to ensure the best braking efficiency.
Qualité de Roulements Mavic
Mavic only uses high quality sealed cartridge bearings. On QRM wheels, they feature double sealing (2RS or LLU) together with tight C3 internal clearance.
Force Transfer System Light
Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminum hub body.