KÉO BLADE CARBON TI
The Blade Carbon is the product of lengthy research by LOOK engineers to optimize all the innovative concepts developed within the family of blade pedals. The result is a pedal that is even more secure, stable, light and powerful.
Its design fully integrates the blade for unsurpassed aerodynamics. Fitted with a carbon body and blade, the Blade Carbon is available in version Ti (titanium axle) weighing only 90g per pedal, or version Cr (Chromoly+ axle) that weighs 110g per pedal. It is available in three release tensions: 12, 16 and 20.
Spindle : More stability and better load distribution
- Blade technology uses a blade instead of a conventional metal spring, which has many advantages for the user:
- Safe cleat entry/ release: the blade flexes, providing a firm hold once clipped-in, and when clipping-out, releases the foot faster at the end of the process in a quick and secure movement.
- An aerodynamic shape: thanks to the integration of the blade inside the body, pedals equipped with BLADE technology have the best aerodynamic shape ever created.
- Low weight: the design of the pedal around a blade system allows a significant reduction in weight and better load distribution.
The Blade Carbon pedal spindle was designed to obtain a very low stack height: only 13mm. It uses a needle bearing cartridge installed in a central position for better stress resistance while pedaling and two spaced out ball bearings which distribute the load, providing increased rigidity between the body and the length of the spindle guaranteeing excellent rotational speed.
Axle play (related to internal bearing movement and part wear) is eliminated by a wave spring that constantly applies a pre-load that does not deteriorate over time. When pushing hard on the pedals, this system can completely eliminate the annoyances caused by any play (noise and sensation of friction ).
LOOK axles are only approved after a rotational test of 2 million cycles at 100tr/min with a load of 90kg on the center of the pedal and an eccentric rotation (creating a shock on each rotation). This is equivalent to a Mark Cavendish sprint at 1700 watts with 100 revolutions/min for 333 hours! This test is far superior to the current industry standard, the EN14781.
Contact surface area : Maximum power transfer
To answer the desires of some of the most demanding cyclists, notably competitors, the pedal and cleat system must allow efficient power transfer through a broad and rigid contact surface.
Because of this, the Blade Carbon platform surface is covered with a 68mm wide, stainless steel plate that has been molded into the body and optimizes, regardless of pedaling style, the over 700 mm² cleat/pedal contact area.
Using a carbon body can lighten the pedal weight and provide an additional gain in stiffness for better power transfer.
- USAGE: Recreationnal to Competition
- BODY: Carbon
- AXLE: Titanium
- THREADING: 9/16 X 20 mm
- BEARINGS: 2 ball bearings, 1 needle bearing cartridge
- PEDAL STACK HEIGHT: 13 mm
- DISTANCE PEDAL SPINDLE / CRANK ARM: 53 mm
- CONTACT SURFACE AREA: 700 mm²
- FLOAT: 3 types of carbon blades: 12, 16 and 20
- CLEATS: Kéo Cleats Grey
- ANGULAR MOVEMENT: 0 °, 4.5 ° or 9 ° according to the cleat color (Black, Grey, Red)
- POIDS PÉDALE: 90 gr (248 gr la paire avec cales et vis)
- COLORS: Black
- ACCESSORIES: A pair of Grey Kéo cleats + screws
- GUARANTY: 2 years