Allround as the leitmotiv, performance as an ideal definition for Wind 40C: a set of racing wheels designed for everyday rides, on all roads, whether for training or a Gran Fondo with the group you usually go out with.
Its 40 mm full carbon unidirectional profile will be able to prove itself, providing what is needed: aerodynamic and stable in long stretches on the flat, light and agile in making the rhythm uphill, decisive and manageable in the most technical descents.
The balance and harmony between your racing bike and Wind 40C will be immediate: you put them on and begin to discover a new level of performance. To achieve this objective, our R&D department combined several of the most popular technologies available: the full carbon, unidirectional rim is built without holes for passage of the nipples, Mo-Mag therefore, ensuring maximum stiffness and reliability.
It promises braking like never before thanks to the AC3 laser treatment on the braking track: laser processing allows the traces of resin to be eliminated from the surface in contact with the pads with a precision never seen before, improving behaviour in all conditions and up to 30% in the most complicated situations, in the rain.
To transfer all the power in acceleration there is the oversize flange on the cogset side, with aero spokes arranged according to the Two-to-one scheme. that's Wind 40: technology, performance and substance, but in the end it will be able to completely change the character of your racing bike. Technologies
- RDB Rim Dynamic Balance
- 2:1 Two-to-One
- DRSC Directionated Rim-Spoke Coupling
- Anti-Rotation System
- F.I.C. Fulcrum Identification Card 100% HANDMADE QUALITY
- AC3 ALL CONDITIONS CARBON CONTROL
- tyre type: Clincher
- tyre size: 28"
- discipline: Road / Triathlon
- ASTM category: 1
- weight: 1555 g
- rim material: Carbon
- rim material details: Full carbon, UD (unidirectional) carbon fiber finishing
- profile height: Medium
- rim height: Front and rear: 40 mm
- rim width: 24,2 mm
- inner rim width(channel): ETRTO 17C
- tyre width: From 25 mm to 50 mm
- braking system: Caliper
- braking surface/brakes options: "3K" carbon fiber braking surface. AC3 treatment on braking surface
- front axle compatibility: QR
- rear axle compatibility: QR
- front wheel spokes: 18 (9 left 9 right)
- rear wheel spokes: 21, Two-to-one (7 left 14 right)
- spokes-material: Stainless steel, double butted
- spokes-profile: Aero, straight pull
- nipples: Aluminum
- front hub: Aluminum, Aluminum flanges
- rear hub: Aluminum, Aluminum oversize flange
- bearings: Sealed cartridge bearings
- others: Plasma treated HG freewheel. Aluminum Axle
- Weight limit: 109 kg (Cyclist)
- FWB options: HG11, Campy