Clincher tyres, 40 mm, 17C rim, Full-carbon Twill… what more could you want from a racing bicycle wheel? Speed 40C represents the pinnacle of wheel design, it is a dream set of wheels for true bicycle lovers who will not settle for anything but the best.
This is not a specialist set of wheels, indeed SPEED 40 C offers top performance in a wide variety of contexts: we like to think of this versatile wheel as an ideal half-way solution that does not take away anything but offers a great deal.
Using the solid and ultra-responsive structure - made possible thanks tot he rear oversize flange and the Two-to-one spoke pattern - as a basis, we created an all-new rim, fibre after fibre, to enhance performance in two crucial moments of a race: acceleration and braking, which has now been optimised for any weather condition thanks to the use of AC3 technology.
SPEED 40C is designed for those seeking a winning set of wheels, built with the same technology chosen for the World Tour but even more functional thanks to the clincher tyre. The 40 mm profile makes the most of aerodynamics and the flywheel effect while remaining balanced, easy to handle and quick on the climbs thanks to a balanced and reactive rim.
Fulcrum 2018 Catalogue
- tyre type: Clincher
- tyre size: 28"
- weight: 1420 g
- rim material: Carbon
- rim material details: Full carbon, "Twill" carbon fiber finishing
- rim height category: Medium
- rim height: Front and rear 40 mm
- rim width: 24,2 mm, ETRTO 17C
- tyre width: From 25 mm to 50 mm
- braking system: Caliper
- braking surface/braking options: "Twill" carbon fiber braking surface. AC3 treatment on braking surface
- front axle compatibility: QR
- rear axle compatibility: QR
- front wheel spokes: 18 (9 left + 9 right)
- rear wheel spokes: 21, Two to one (9 left + 9 right)
- spokes material: Stainless steel, double butted
- spokes profile: technology Aero, straight pull
- nipples: Aluminum
- front hub: Carbon, Aluminum flanges
- rear hub: Aluminum, Aluminum oversize flange
- bearings: USB ceramic bearings. Adjustable Cup & Cones bearing system
- others: Plasma treated HG freewheel. Aluminum Axle
- Weight limit: 109 kg (Cyclist)
- FWB version: HG11, Campy