The Flow EX3 craves high speeds and the most demanding trails and courses. With a proven pedigree in Enduro World Series and World Cup DH races, this is the most durable, high-performance wheelset available.
The Flow EX3 rim combines the 29mm internal width and durable 6069 aluminum construction of the Flow MK3 with the incredibly strong Tiebeam triple cavity design of the classic Flow EX rim. The result is a rim shape that perfectly balances radial compliance with lateral stiffness and sets the benchmark for durability and impact resistance. The Flow EX3 rim’s Tiebeam inner bridge lets it withstand impacts that would deform most rims to the point of air loss and structural failure. Even if you use a tire insert, huge impacts can cause the sidewall of most rims to fold, causing air loss and eventual failure. But the Tiebeam brace and patented low sidewalls of the Flow EX3 resist this folding, maintaining air pressure and structural integrity better than any other rim.
The E-sync hub is built for strength and durability. Whether you're racing in wet conditions, attacking rock gardens, or putting down the climbing torque of an eBike, the cromoly axle and double row Enduro bearings of the E-sync can take it. The 6066 alloy shell and heat-treated steel ratchet ring provide brute strength, but smart details like a pawl angle that removes stress from the bearings and a flange design that balances spoke tension make this hub even more durable. And with 8.18° engagement, the E-sync hub is as fast as it is strong.
Available with Shimano Micro Spline, HG, or SRAM XDR freehub, and 6-bolt or Centerlock brake style, with options to fit all popular axle configurations.Tubeless ready with rim tape installed.
The Flow EX3 is the evolution of the Flow line for aggressive riding. Every World Cup DH and Enduro World Series win, every hour of testing, riding, and improving, it’s all here in the Flow EX3. This wheel erases limitations.
- Reinforced 29mm wide rim shape built to handle AM, DH, Enduro and anything else
- Proven with wins at World Cup DH and Enduro World Series events
- Tiebeam triple cavity 6069 welded aluminum rim resists dents and air loss during impacts
- E-sync hubs offer fast 8.18° engagement with reinforced pawls
- Enduro bearings with double-row freehub bearing and cromoly axle offer 47% increase in max torque capacity over Neo hubs
- Matched wheelsets use traditional J-bend lacing and share a single spoke length for easy serviceability
- Rim Internal Width: 29.0mm
- Rim External Width: 35.0mm
- Rim Depth: 18.3mm
- Spokes: Sapim D-Light Black 2.0/1.65/2.0
- Nipples: Sapim Polyax Secure Lock Black Brass
- Hub: Stan's E-sync
- Hole Count: 32-hole, 32-hole
- Rim Material: 6069 Aluminum Alloy
- Rim Color: Black Bead Blasted Finish (BBQ)
- Brakes: Disc Only
- Valve: 35mm Presta
- Rim Weight: 580g (27.5") / 618g (29")
- Wheelset Weight: 2062g (27.5") / 2162g (29")
- Front Wheel Weight: 953g (27.5") / 1003g (29")
- Rear Wheel Weight: 1109g (27.5") / 1159g (29")
- ETRTO: 584x29.0 (27.5") / 622x29.0 (29")
- Tape: 30mm
- Max Spoke Tension: 130kgf (1225N)
- Max Pressure with 2.30" Tire: 39psi
- Max Pressure with 2.60" Tire: 34psi