Our most versatile XC tread. The Ikon is for true racers looking for a true lightweight race tire. With 3C Triple Compound Technology, high-volume casing and a fast rolling tread design, the Ikon provides exemplary performance in all riding conditions. As its name suggests, the Ikon represents all that is true in racing.
3C Maxx Speed
- Use: XC / AM
- Folding Clincher
- Weight: 705g / 27.5x2.35 (60-584), 685g / 29x2.20 (57-622), 740g / 29x2.35 (60-622)
- Rubber compound: 3C MaxxSpeed
- Our fastest 3C compound for XC and some AllMountain / Enduro tires is engineered for lowest rolling resistance due to the hard undercarriage and fast center tread compound, but with the grippy compound on the sides superior grip in curves, even in wet conditions. Typical of MAXXIS is also the very long life. Tubeless ready (TR)
- Tubeless tires have many advantages: you can drive with less air pressure. This gives better traction and reduces rolling resistance. And where there is no hose, the risk of breakdown also decreases. MAXXIS TR tires are better prepared for installation with sealing milk than other "Tubeless Ready" tires. The bead of our TR tires is completely covered with a rubber layer like a real UST tubeless tire. As a result, tubeless fitting on all rims with standard dimensions is already successful on initial inflation and with little fluid.
Even "normal" MAXXIS MTB tires can be mounted like other tubeless tires with sealant as the carcass fabrics are very dense.
Officially released for tubeless assembly and guaranteed by MAXXIS are only the new MAXXIS TR models. Tubeless mounting of other models is at your own risk. EXO Protection
- This extremely cut and abrasion resistant material protects the sidewall of various MTB tires. It is very dense, light and very flexible. As a result, the performance of the tires remains convincingly good.