The Ardent Race fills the gap between the Ikon and the Ardent, between fast XC tires and trail tires. Its tread is medium high, the middle tunnels are tight, but leave enough space for a good self-cleaning and are bevelled for lower rolling resistance. The side lugs are angled and offset and bite into curves in the ground. This makes the Ardent Race the right tire for all-round use and on the trails. The Ardent Race is available in all three wheel sizes in 2.20 "width as TubelessReady version with EXO sidewall protection.
Tubeless ready (TR)
- Use: AM / EN
- Folding Clincher
- Weight: 650g / 26x2.20 (56-559) , 705g / 27.5x2.35 (60-584), 785g / 27.5x2.60 (66-584), 720g / 29x2.20 (56-622) , 745g / 29x2.35 (60-622)
- Rubber compound: 3C Maxx Speed
- Tubeless tires have many advantages: you can drive with less air pressure. This gives better traction and reduces rolling resistance. And where there is no hose, the risk of breakdown also decreases. MAXXIS TR tires are better prepared for installation with sealing milk than other "Tubeless Ready" tires. The bead of our TR tires is completely covered with a rubber layer like a real UST tubeless tire. As a result, tubeless fitting on all rims with standard dimensions is already successful on initial inflation and with little fluid.
Even "normal" MAXXIS MTB tires can be mounted like other tubeless tires with sealant as the carcass fabrics are very dense.
Officially released for tubeless assembly and guaranteed by MAXXIS are only the new MAXXIS TR models. Tubeless mounting of other models is at your own risk.
3C Maxx Speed
- Our fastest 3C compound for XC and some AllMountain / Enduro tires is engineered for lowest rolling resistance due to the hard undercarriage and fast center tread compound, but with the grippy compound on the sides superior grip in curves, even in wet conditions. Typical of MAXXIS is also the very long life.
- This extremely cut and abrasion resistant material protects the sidewall of various MTB tires. It is very dense, light and very flexible. As a result, the performance of the tires remains convincingly good.