absoluteBLACK SL chainring spiderless excl. offset
There might be some heavy delays in the delivery time possible. Please contact our support for further information. Our support team will provide you the current delivery time for this article.
The Original one and only Absoluteblack Premium Sram compatible Direct mount 1X Oval BB30 chainrings are designed for BB30/PF30 SHORT spindle cranks. Chainring is flat (0mm offset). Fits BB30 XX1, X01 and others. They are also 100-percent optimized for Eagle 12spd.
- Size (Mass +/-1g): 30T (52g), 32T (57g), 34T(66g)
- Color: Black
- Compatibility: SRAM XX1, XX1 Eagle, X01, X01 Eagle, X0, X9, X7, S2210, S1400 and Truvativ AKA cranks. BB30 short spindle only. Also fits for Fatbikes with GXP spindle! 9, 10, 11 and 12spd Eagle compatible.
- Material: cnc machined 7075 Txxx Aluminum. Long-lasting construction. Mud optimized
- Finish: type II anodizing
- Chainline: 49mm. 0mm offset
- Ovality: Optimized to each size separately. Range: 10.2-14.4% and Timing of 110.5-116.3° after TDC (top dead center) Patent Pending
- Terrain: MTB
Advantages of our special Direct mount chainrings:
*Finest design to provide excellent weight to strength ratio
*One of a kind special oval shape (Patent Pending)
*Greatly improves traction and climbing abilities
*Unique Patent Pending alternate wide and narrow teeth profiles to keep your chain in place for minimum 12 months!
*Special 3D teeth machining for ultimate mud relief decrease wear and noise dramatically
*They save weight because they don't need the spider and chainring bolts.
*The ability of installation of a smaller ring sizes that can't be mounted on regular spider.
*Superb quality and great look.
*You will ride faster using ovals. If you keep using round ring then others will get quicker.
*You will not "feel" the oval shape at all
*Reduces stress on knees
*We mastered our oval chainrings to perfection, so you can get best possible advantage from the oval/elliptical shape.
Why our oval chainrings work
Our Oval chainrings work because a rider does not produce power evenly through a pedal stroke; they maximize the part of the stroke where power is produced and minimize resistance where it isn't. Oval rings make the spin cycle a lot smoother and are easier on legs while climbing. Believe it (or not), but a round chainring doesn't transfer torque to your rear wheel as smoothly as an Oval one. You will actually feel your stroke to be more "round" with an Oval shape than with a round chainring.
Why it matters
Traction, Traction and Traction. With oval rings rear tire traction improves greatly on loose and slippery terrain. Smoother power delivery to your rear wheel means that you will be able to maintain better, constant cadence; get less stress on the joints (knees) and therefore be able to keep certain level of effort for longer. This results in higher average speed. Moreover, 11 studies made by various Universities in the World show that using oval chainrings human legs utilize more muscle groups (compared to round one), but each of them to lesser degree. Load from pedaling an oval chainring is spread over greater muscle mass which in effect gives you the feeling of fresher and more relaxed legs. It is world's finest oval chainring backed by tens of thousands of customers.
What size should I choose?
* 30T Oval chainring has an ovality of 28/32T and is best for someone who uses currently 28 or 30T round ring.
* 32T oval ring will suit best someone who uses 31 or 32T chainring currently. While pedaling, you will feel similar effort to the one riding round 31T ring, but you will gain the speed similar to riding 34T chainring.
* 34T Oval chainring has an ovality of 32/36T and is best for someone who uses currently 33 or 34T round ring.
Looking for 28T?
Please choose our Sram Boost version for this size. 28T is the only size which will clear the chainstays and create even better chainline on short BB30 axle.
How to mount Oval to Sram BB30 cranks
You need to unscrew these 3 torx t-25 bolts from the crank. Then remove the spider+chainring combo you currently have there. Clean the splines and put some grease on them. Position the chainring in place (note there is only one way to fit this Sram compatible chainring so you don't have to worry how to do it. Note that there are recesses for the bolts on one side). Close all 3 bolts to about 5-7Nm.