There are 3 types of installation for the new DA Di2 groupset:
If you need an in-depth explanation of the new Di2 installation types please have a look at those documents: Dura-Ace Di2 R9170
The new 9170 Di2 has a number of innovations not seen before most notable synchronized shifting which is a programmable option. You can chose to have the system auto shift the front chain rings based on chain position in the rear or you can program it to shift to the optimal rear cog based on the front chain ring selection.
The junction box is now available in three versions and can be hidden in the frame, handlebar or the traditional under stem mount.
The EW-WU111 wireless transmitter unit, allow connectivity to iOS and Android devices. With use of Shimano's free app and the Shimano power meter it promises to be the ultimate system for any high end road machine.
The new Dura-Ace R9170 Shifters are made for both mechanical rim brake and hydro disc brake with a very similar shape to the current Dura-Ace but a enhanced "mechanical like" feeling shift button. The new 9150 and 9170 Di2 levers have more surface area, more tactile feedback and a louder click on the buttons. DRIVETRAIN:
DURA-ACE Crankset increases efficiency and versatility
The FC-R9100 HOLLOWTECH II crankset’s shaping improves upon DURA-ACE’s iconic 4-arm design, adding strength and rigidity while minimizing weight. Shimano’s Rider Tuned gearing offers a number of chainring configurations with a singular BCD for ease of use and versatility. Through redesigned chainring tooth profiling, the DURA-ACE R9100 crankset is adapted for the latest disc brake frame designs without the need to increase q-factor.
New Power Meter furthers Shimano's system integration
- Enhanced design saves 7g while maintaining rigidity
- Iconic 4-arm construction
- Optimized crank arm design strengthens key stress zones
- New chainring tooth profile is adapted for race bike specific disc brake systems
- Accommodates shorter chainstays (410mm) with 135mm OLD
- HOLLOWGLIDE chainring construction
- Crank arm lengths: 165, 167.5, 170, 172.5, 175, 177.5, 180mm
- Rider Tuned gear combinations (2x11): 50-34T, 52-36T, 53-39T, 54-42T, 55-42T
- Weight: 609g (50-34T), 621g (53-39T)
The FC-R9100-P delivers world-class power measurement seamlessly designed into the new DURA-ACE HOLLOWTECH II crankset. The dual-sided strain gauges are internally hard wired together for reliable performance in all weather conditions and accurate measurement regardless of pedaling position. Shimano’s integrated approach also ensures simplified maintenance with a single rechargeable battery powering the entire unit and the ability to wirelessly update firmware.
Di2 shifting performance for all braking solutions
- Integrated design delivers system reliability and waterproof performance in all conditions
- Dual-side strain gauges are hard wired together for accurate data collection and direct response
- ±2% strain gauge power measurement accuracy
- Stable power measurement system across all pedaling positions
- Reliable electrical system that is waterproof in all conditions
- Single rechargeable battery for easy maintenance
- Easily swap chainrings without affecting power measurement
- Bluetooth and ANT+ wireless communication
- Crank arm lengths:
- 170, 172.5, 175mm (w/chainrings)
- 165, 167.5, 170, 172.5, 175, 177.5, 180mm (w/o chainrings)
- Rider Tuned gear combinations (2x11): 50-34T, 52-36T, 53-39T
A true drivetrain system for the next generation race bike, DURA-ACE Di2 performance is now available for both mechanical rim brake and hydraulic disc brake configurations. Both Di2 Dual Control Lever options feature a refined hood shape with svelte shared ergonomics for more rider control in race conditions, regardless of braking choice.
The ergonomically-enhanced Di2 shift levers now produce a more defined shift click for a more intuitive feel and quicker shifting operation and expanded E-Tube customization allows every switch the option to independently turn on or off multi-shift. The versatile SW-R9150 Remote Satellite Shifter expands customization possibilities further.
- ST-R9150, Di2 Dual Control Lever (2x11-speed)
- ST-R9170, Di2 Hydraulic Disc Brake Dual Control Lever (2x11-speed)
- Ideal ergonomic cover shape with better contact feel
- More control and confidence in race conditions
- Optimally balanced hydraulic brake system for racing
- Dedicated brake lever shape, stroke, contact point, stiffness and dedicated shift paddles
- Carbon composite plastic hood material for lightweight construction
- More defined click feeling and ergonomic shift lever position
- More intuitive, quicker shifting operation
- Increased E-TUBE project customization
- Each switch has the option for multi-shift
- Customizable function to fit any riding style
- Weight: 230g (ST9150) Pair, 360g (ST9170) Pair
Only for short time: Groupset promo discount
Save 25 EUR when ordering a groupset*
*valid from 1500 EUR gross total groupset value; discount will automatically being added at shopping basket