SPEED 55 C
The top range for clincher tyres moves up a gear with the new SPEED 55C, a racing bicycle wheel that reflects developments in the research into materials carried out by Fulcrum's R&D team. The full-carbon rim has had a complete facelift, both in terms of the carbon used and the braking rim, thanks the new AC3 technology used.
The twill weave carbon-fibre pattern is unlike any other used in the past, enhancing the elastic responsiveness of the rim, thus boosting reactivity when rising out of the saddle and the transfer of power to the ground.
A joy for rouleurs, sprinters and triathletes alike who seek an aerodynamic wheel that doesn't waste one single watt of power and is ready to accelerate and effortlessly maintain set speeds. In short, the range offers everything you need to achieve your targets within a group and feel satisfied when you look at the stopwatch.
55 mm is the size to choose if you're aiming to increase your power output and make the most of the flywheel effect created by the rotation of the rim: incredible speeds plus optimum support during the strongest accelerations. This wheel is ideal for short climbs out of the saddle, when cycling on the flat or in triathlon races when making the most of aerodynamics is key.
Fulcrum 2018 Catalogue
- tyre type: Clincher
- tyre size: 28"
- weight: 1470 g.
- rim material: Carbon
- rim material details: Full carbon, "Twill" carbon fiber finishing
- rim height category: High
- rim height: Front and rear 55 mm
- rim width: 24,2 mm, ETRTO 17C
- tyre width: From 25 mm to 50 mm
- braking system: Caliper
- braking surface/braking options: "Twill" carbon fiber braking surface. AC3 treatment on braking surface
- front axle compatibility: QR
- rear axle compatibility: QR
- front wheel spokes: 18 (9 left + 9 right)
- rear wheel spokes: 21, Two to one (9 left + 9 right)
- spokes material: Stainless steel, double butted
- spokes profile technology: Aero, straight pull
- nipples: Aluminum
- front hub: Carbon, Aluminum flanges
- rear hub: Aluminum, Aluminum oversize flange
- bearings: USB ceramic bearings. Adjustable Cup & Cones bearing system
- others: Plasma treated HG freewheel. Aluminum Axle
- Weight limit: 109 kg (Cyclist)