SONdelux - Petite and Lightweight
SONdelux is the first hub dynamo with a generator specifically designed for modern LED lights (such as Edelux and B&M Cyo).
Other than halogen lamps, LEDs are highly effective even at low power, i.e. when run below the nominal power/ its rated capacity. This is the reason why dynamos no longer need to be build in a way for them to reach full power at the lowest possible speed. Therefore, SONdelux is smaller and lighter than a hub dynamo for halogen lighting (SON 28).
No-load power input drops by about 30 - 35% compared to SON 28. But SONdelux equals SON 28 concerning durability and outstanding quality.
- Technical Data
- Electric Power: 6V / 3W according to German government's road traffic regulations (StVZO)
- German Mark of Conformity: ~~~ K 687 for 16"-28" (400-716 mm) in combination with Edelux
- Efficiency: 65% at 15 km/h in 700c-wheel
- No-Load Power Input: 0,4 W at 15 km/h in 700c-wheel
- Magnets: neodym iron boron, 26 poles
- Connection: 4,8 mm flat spades, 2-pin, to connect without ground connection
- (special design without connectors)
- Axle: hollow axle ø10 mm aluminium 7075 T6
- Axle Ends: stainless steel
- Bearings: deep groove ball bearing 629-2RSH (SKF)
- Hub Shell: aluminium 6082 T6
- Colors: silver polished, anodized black or red
- Sealing: alloy dust shields, rubber lip seals and pressure compensation system
- Spoke Drillings: 20, 24, 28, 32, 36 (radial lacing permitted)
- Weight: 390 g (without skewer)
- Warranty: 5 years