The Verdict family presents our most aggressive front-focused tires for days where relentless traction takes priority over rolling efficiency. Tall, chunky knobs dig deep into soft terrain regardless of how loose or sloppy it may be. Abundant open space between all knobs gives them room to dig through the driest days of summer and fling mud in the wettest months. The Verdict family is guilty of holding it down through off-camber corners and chundery descents.
Verdict is the do-it-all spike designed to handle loose, technical trails. Its toothy knobs dig into soft terrain and grapple through rocks and roots. Verdict Wet provides taller knobs that punch through muddy terrain to provide dependable traction in unpredictable and greasy conditions. Dry and dusty during the loose summer months in California, Colorado or Italy? Go with the Verdict. Wet and sloppy like an average spring ride in the Pacific Northwest or UK? Go with the Verdict Wet.
Verdict and Verdict Wet feature TriTec Compound, which utilizes three rubber compounds to provide different levels of traction, support and durability based on their placement within the tread. The entire tread pattern is supported by a base of supportive rubber, which transitions halfway into the height of the knobs and allows for the use of softer knob compounds without folding under cornering forces. The tops of the center knobs consist of an intermediate compound to provide traction and durability without sacrificing rolling efficiency. Outer knobs feature a soft compound that delivers maximum grip and slow rebound. All TCS Light versions of the new Verdict tires feature Slash Guard technology, which incorporates a protective nylon insert spanning the entire sidewall to provide extra protection without the weight of a dual ply casing. Verdict Wet is only available with a TCS Tough casing and therefore isn’t available with Slash Guard.
TCS - Tubeless Compatible System
- The Verdict tread pattern excels in loosest, rowdiest conditions where relentless traction takes priority over rolling efficiency
- Abundant open space between all knobs allows the tread pattern to dig through the driest days of summer and fling mud in the wettest months
- Pair it with the Judge 2.4 as a rear tire for claw-like braking traction that matches the tenacious grip of the Verdict tread
- Optimized for use with i29 rims
- Weight: 1266g / 27.5", 1332g / 29"
- Compound: TriTec
- TCS Tubeless Compatible System
is our standardized tubeless rim/tire system designed to meet international ETRTO standards and ensure ultimate reliability. Pairing WTB’s legendary casings and tread compounds with a tubeless aramid bead provides increased traction and reliability of a tubeless tire, at a lower weight than any tubed alternative. Our TCS system includes tires, rims, tape, sealant and valves to provide a comprehensive package of unrivaled tubeless performance and WTB reliability.
New Tritec Compound
- Three compounds provide optimal levels of traction, support and durability. A base of high durometer rubber supports the entire tread and transitions into the knobs to prevent folding or squirming. Medium stiffness center knobs cap the base layer to provide traction and durability without sacrificing rolling efficiency, while soft compound side knobs deliver maximum grip and slow rebound for increased cornering traction.
TCS Tough Casing
- Take our proven Lightweight Casing found in TCS Light tires and... well... double it. Yep, Tough Casing is composed of two full layers of casing, leaving no area unprotected on our TCS Tough tires. Developed through real world testing during the Enduro World Series, this casing is designed to take punishment and has been optimized for sealant usage, retention, and consistency.
New Slash Guard
- Slash Guard features a nylon insert spanning the entire sidewall, from the tire bead to the outer knob. The insert provides additional sidewall protection without adding unnecessary weight. Nylon is a highly durable material that resists slashes and gashes, making it ideal for defending the most exposed area of the tire. Slash Guard provides an intermediate level of protection for those wanting extra sidewall durability without the weight of a dual ply casing.