If the ground is deeper or the weather is wetter, then the choice falls on the Forekaster. The medium-high studs are evenly spaced so that they grip perfectly on trails with a loose layer over a firm bottom. The Profi l is more open compared to our other Racereifen for better self-cleaning in damp soils. Wide notched center cleats convincingly brake on slippery singletrack. With the Forekaster you are perfectly prepared for the trails - in any weather.
From now on, the Forekaster is also available in a 2.60 "wide version. The tire is suitable for rims of 30-35mm inner width and is a great all-rounder on tours in the low mountain range as well as for longer adventures.
3C Maxx Speed
- Use: EN / AM
- Folding Clincher
- Weight: 785g / 27.5x2.60 (66-584)
- Rubber compound: 3C Maxx Speed
- Our fastest 3C compound for XC and some AllMountain / Enduro tires is engineered for lowest rolling resistance due to the hard undercarriage and fast center tread compound, but with the grippy compound on the sides superior grip in curves, even in wet conditions. Typical of MAXXIS is also the very long life.
Wide Trail Casing (WT)
- Our Wide Trail (WT) design optimizes the profile layout and tire shape on today's wider wheel rims. Traditional tires are developed for narrow rims and get on square wheels too angular shape and thus a not exactly optimal performance.
WT tires are optimized for an inner rim width of 35 mm, but work perfectly on all rims with an internal dimension between 30 and 40 mm.
Tubeless ready (TR)
- Tubeless tires have many advantages: you can drive with less air pressure. This gives better traction and reduces rolling resistance. And where there is no hose, the risk of breakdown also decreases. MAXXIS TR tires are better prepared for installation with sealing milk than other "Tubeless Ready" tires. The bead of our TR tires is completely covered with a rubber layer like a real UST tubeless tire. As a result, tubeless fitting on all rims with standard dimensions is already successful on initial inflation and with little fluid.
Even "normal" MAXXIS MTB tires can be mounted like other tubeless tires with sealant as the carcass fabrics are very dense.
Officially released for tubeless assembly and guaranteed by MAXXIS are only the new MAXXIS TR models. Tubeless mounting of other models is at your own risk.
- This extremely cut and abrasion resistant material protects the sidewall of various MTB tires. It is very dense, light and very flexible. As a result, the performance of the tires remains convincingly good.