Red Passion 3 27,5
Never known to compromise, it sets the bar in terms of steering precision for such a light wheel.
Red Passion 3 is a very special wheel. All its components were designed and sized in synergy.
So materials, dimensions and tensions work together for maximum harmony.
This is what enables Red Passion 3 to make the difference when it comes to racing and fighting for victory – its natural environment. Technologies Features
- discipline Cross country / Marathon
- tyre type Tubeless ready
- tyre size 27,5"
- weight 1450 g., Boost 1485 g.
- rim material Aluminum
- rim material details Aluminum
- rim height Front and rear 16 mm
- rim width 24 mm, inner rim width (channel) 21 mm
- tyre width From 2.0 to 2.5
- braking system Disc brake
- Braking options 6 bolts or AFS
- front axle compatibility QR/HH15 + Boost version
- rear axle compatibility QR/HH12/XD + Boost version
- front wheel spokes 28 Left 14 - Right 14
- rear wheel spokes 28 Left 14 - Right 14
- spokes material Stainless steel
- spokes profile technology Rounded, straight pull
- nipples Aluminum
- front hub Aluminum, Aluminum flanges
- rear hub Aluminum, Aluminum flanges
- bearings Industrial bearings system
- others Plasma treated HG freewheel. Aluminum Axle. One hub fits all.
- XD Compatibility Yes
- WEIGHT LIMIT 90 kg (Cyclist)
The aluminum mtb rims have an ultra low, milled profile to keep the lowest peripheral weight possible, making the wheel extremely reactive. This specific shape also provides excellent impact resistance.
Asymmetric: the rim shape has been studied to improve the tensions, balancing the forces coming from the brakes and cassette.
Tubeless ready: over the time tubeless has been established as the preferred solution for the high-end wheels, as it ensures better handling and protection against punctures.
Red Passion 3 is ready for the transformation: thanks to a special contoured and reinforced rim profile that adheres more easily to the tire, while fitting is easy and safe. The hubs
The hub bodies are made entirely of aluminum which combined with an oversized axle enhances both power transfer and reactivity. Sealed bearing help with stand the effects of use over time.
20mm axle: extremely lightweight – very high rigidity. Improves steering precision. Adaptable
A solution that allows the mtb wheels to adapt to different standards on the market in a fast and simple way.
Different adapters can be fitted in a few easy steps to allow the mtb wheel to be fitted to any frame standard. Spokes and nipples
Aluminum nipples: make it possible to reduce the peripheral mass of the mtb wheels to the minimum, thus increasing its reactivity.
Stainless steel spokes. Fulcrum Catalogue