The Bonsai brings together the very best that birch and aluminium have to offer to satisfy those who love the tactile beauty and heirloom quality of wood, but are into the durability and serviceability of a corrosion free metal.
The horizontally laminated SuperPly frame is precisely engineered to harness the wood's natural spring for fantastic ride quality, whilst having the rotational stiffness that enables the clean lines of the single sided stay. A profile designed to eliminate weight but also wastage in production - so you can rest easy about the carbon foot print of your bike.
And, if durability, ride quality and responsible manufacturing weren't enough, the Bonsai comes complete with our super lightweight all aluminium wheels running on sealed cartridge bearings and the awesome Ritchey finishing kit, keeping resistance and weight low and speed and control high.
- Frame: transverse laminated grade A birch veneers, WBP glue
- Fork: transverse laminated grade A birch veneers, WBP glue
- Headset: 1 1/8 conventional
- Stem: Ritchey Os forged AL 6061, 60mm reach
- Handlebar: Ritchey 400mm OS double butted, AL 6061, 20mm rise
- Grips: ER soft touch mushroom
- Seatpost: AL 6061, 22.2mm
- Saddle: brown riveted faux leather
- Saddle clamp: ER bolt seat clamp, 25.4mm
- Rims: 20hole anodized AL 6061, black(v/h)
- Hubs: cnc´d AL 6061, cartridge bearing, hollow AL 7075 axle
- Tires: ER 12" pneumatic
- Weight: 3.75kg
- Age: 2-4 years
- Standover height: 33cm