absoluteBLACK CycloCross ovales Kettenblatt spiderless
There might be some heavy delays in the delivery time possible. Please contact our support for further information. Our support team will provide you the current delivery time for this article.
Our premium 1X Sram compatible Direct mount Oval chainring is designed for Sram cranks like Force and Rival where spider can be replaced with direct mount chainring. Fits both GXP and BB30 spindle cranks. Narrow-wide chainring. Perfect choice for Cyclocross and Gravel using Sram cranks. Eagle 12spd compatible.
Advantages of our special Direct mount chainrings:
- Size (Mass +/-1g): 36T (89g), 38T (94g), 40T (104g), 42T (111g), 44T (112g), 46T (123g), 48T (125g)
- Color: Black, Racing Red
- Compatibility: SRAM Force 22, Force 1, CX1, Rival 22, Rival 1, S900. GXP and BB30 models. Also fits SRAM XX1, X01, X0, X9, X7, S2210, S1400 GXP and Long spindle BB30 models (15mm spacer on drive side) Eagle 12spd compatible.
- Material: cnc machined 7075 Txxx Aluminum. Long-lasting construction
- Finish: type II anodizing
- Ovality: Optimized to each size separately. Range: 10.2-12.1% and Timing of 110.5-112.3° after TDC (top dead center) Patent Pending
*Finest design to provide excellent weight to strength ratio
*One of a kind special oval shape (Patent Pending)
*Unique Patent Pending narrow-wide teeth profiles to keep your chain in place for minimum 12 months!
*Special 3D teeth machining for ultimate mud relief decrease wear and noise dramatically
*Designed to handle mud and grass with easy
*They save weight because they don't need the spider and chainring bolts.
*Superb quality and great look.
*You will ride faster using ovals. If you keep using round ring then others will get quicker.
*You will not "feel" the oval shape at all
*Reduces stress on knees
Why our oval chainrings work
Our Oval chainrings work because a rider does not produce power evenly through a pedal stroke; they maximize the part of the stroke where power is produced and minimize resistance where it isn't. Oval rings make the spin cycle a lot smoother and are easier on legs while climbing. Believe it (or not), but a round chainring doesn't transfer torque to your rear wheel as smoothly as an Oval one. You will actually feel your stroke to be more "round" with an Oval shape than with a round chainring.
Why it matters
Traction, Traction and Traction. With oval rings rear tire traction improves greatly on loose and slippery terrain. Smoother power delivery to your rear wheel means that you will be able to maintain better, constant cadence; get less stress on the joints (knees) and therefore be able to keep certain level of effort for longer. This results in higher average speed. Moreover, 11 studies made by various Universities in the World show that using oval chainrings human legs utilize more muscle groups (compared to round one), but each of them to lesser degree. Load from pedaling an oval chainring is spread over greater muscle mass which in effect gives you the feeling of fresher and more relaxed legs. It is world's finest oval chainring backed by tens of thousands of customers.
What size should I choose?
Most CX riders choose 38T as most versatile option. If you feel strong try bigger size.
* 36T Oval chainring has the ovality of 34/38T and is best for someone who uses currently 36T round ring (also good for MTB)
* 38T Oval ring will suit best someone who uses 37 or 38T chainring currently. While pedaling, you will feel similar effort to the one riding round 37T ring, but you will gain the speed similar to riding 40T chainring.
* 40T Oval chainring has an ovality of 38/42T and is best for someone who uses currently 39 or 40T round ring.
* 42T Oval chainring has an ovality of 40/44T and is best for someone who uses currently 41 or 42T round ring.
* 44T Oval chainring has an ovality of 42/46T and is best for someone who uses currently 43 or 44T round ring.
* 46T Oval chainring has an ovality of 44/48T and is best for someone who uses currently 45 or 46T round ring.
* 48T Oval chainring has an ovality of 46/50T and is best for someone who uses currently 47 or 48T round ring.
How to mount CX Oval chainring to Sram crank:
Take the crank off the bike. Unscrew these 3 torx t-25 bolts from the crank arm. Then remove the spider+chainring combo you currently have there. Clean the splines and put some grease on them. Position the chainring in place (note there is only one way to fit this Sram chainring so you don't have to worry how to do it). Close all 3 bolts to about 5-7Nm.
Instruction how to mount oval CX sram chainring on the Force CX1 and Rival cranks
It is ideal for 1x 9/10/11 system and Singlespeeds!. Oval (elliptical) chainring does not compromise the work of clutch mechanism in rear derailleur. It also does not require chain tensioner when using in singlespeed application. Riding out of saddle on the uphill will become more pleasant. These chainrings also help you to recover after knee injuries as pedaling becomes smoother and less exhausting.
If you wish to check for frame clearance with new oval ring, below you can find measurement of biggest dimension of the oval (tip to tip of tooth):
36T: 159mm ; 38T: 168mm ; 40T: 176mm ; 42T: 184mm ; 44T: 193mm ; 46T: 201mm ; 48T: 210mm
The most advanced, Patent Pending narrow/wide tooth profile currently produced, guarantee minimum 12 months of excellent chain retention capabilities! We mean it. Always use a new chain with a new chainring.
10 or 11spd chain for geared bike or 6-8 spd for SS. If used in 1x9 drivetrain - 10spd chain must be used to obtain the performance. (yes - 10spd chain will work great on 9spd cassette)
No. But if you want one then chain guide should have 2 teeth more capacity than nominal oval ring size.