303 Firecrest Carbon Tubular Rim-brake
Zipp’s 303 Firecrest Tubular rim-brake wheelset offers key innovations for performance-minded cyclists. This is the game-changing wheelset designed to conquer Roubaix and Flanders. Retaining their versatile 45mm rim depth, 303 Firecrest Tubular rims feature construction designs for impact protection. When it comes to pure speed, the 303 Firecrest Tubular packs a serious punch. It’s lightweight with ABLC Sawtooth Technology, a complex dimpling pattern first developed for our top-level NSW wheel lineup. This technology helps to achieve the optimization of low aerodynamic drag and crosswind stability, which we call AeroBalance. Zipp’s ShowStopper textured braking surface delivers unrivaled rim braking performance in wet or dry conditions. At the center of the 303 Firecrest Tubular rim-brake is a new versatile and durable hubset, the German-engineered ZR1.
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
- Go-anywhere 45mm rim depth tubular pro-proven in the Spring Classics
- New ZR1 hubset is engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability and quicker response with 66 points of engagement
- Built with Sapim CX Sprint J-bend spokes
- XDR or SRAM/Shimano driver bodies
- Ships with QR end caps, quick release skewers
- Campagnolo driver body sold separately
- Showstopper textured brake track delivers the best modulation and shortest stopping distances in wet and dry conditions.
Our industry leading silicon carbide Showstopper brake track continues to evolve and improve, providing unmatched stopping power and modulation regardless of weather conditions or the length of the descent.
Zipp’s Sawtooth dimple design consists of 12 nodes that are specifically clocked to start aerodynamic shearing at a rate of 50hz at a rider speed of 20mph. Sawtooth accomplishes this by inducing small sheet vortices that shed at a low magnitude, but at a higher natural frequency, thus decreasing the laminar bubble effect on the aerodynamically shielded side of the rim’s profile to further reduce high yaw drag and improve crosswind stability.
Zipp’s sole mission is to help you go faster. That's why our wheels are race-ready before they're camera-ready. For years, Zipp has used a combination of testing methods – wind tunnel, CFD computer simulations, pro athlete evaluations, on-road testing, and the RollingRoad ride simulator – to refine aero performance to new levels of excellence. Over the decades of innovation, our engineers have learned to look beyond just focusing on simply reducing aero drag. Instead, the goal now is to reduce aero drag while also minimizing the effects of crosswinds on handling. This optimizing of aero efficiency and crosswind stability became known internally at Zipp as AeroBalance. The approach began with Firecrest technology and has been advanced with the introduction of the NSW lineup, especially with the Sawtooth technology found in the 454 and 858 NSW. Sawtooth accomplishes this with a series of patented fin-shaped Hyperfoil nodes along the inner diameter of the rim that work together with our new HexFin ABLC dimples for improved airflow.
- Size (wheels): 700c
- Rim construction: Carbon
- Tire compatibility: Tubular
- Brake compatibility: Rim
- Driver body type: SRAM XDR, SRAM/Shimano Road
- Rim inside width: n/a
- Rim finish: UD fiber, adhesive decals
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Weight: 1330g (Lightest configuration: Quick Release axles and XDR body. No tape or valve included in weight. Front: 588g Rear: 742g)