It’s a tall order to improve the tried-and-true Trail Boss tire, but that’s exactly what we’ve done. The new Trail Boss builds on perfection with a more aggressive tread pattern to match its increased volume. Generous spacing between sizable knobs provides better traction in loose or wet conditions, while staying true to its fleet-footed heritage. Large, supportive side knobs dig deeeeeeep, whether you’re leaning into a corner or grabbing a handful of brake. Most often used as a rear tire, the Trail Boss G2 also provides plentiful traction on hardpack trails when used on the front.
TCS TOUGH FAST ROLLING (TFR)
- Considerably increased side knob height to provide unshakable traction even in truly loose, chunky terrain
- Thick outer knobs eliminate any chance of tire-squirm while cornering
- Overall knob spacing was increased, meaning we increased the spacing not only outward, but also circumferentially
- Pairs perfectly with the Vigilante 2.5 or 2.6 on the front
- Use: Trail, Enduro
- Design: TCS Light FR, TCS Tough FR
- Size: 27,5", 29"
- Width: 2.4, 2.6
- Weight: 1071 g (27.5") 1286 g (29")
- Colour: black, black-tan
- Tyre type: folding tyre
- Long-wearing rubber laid across two full layers of casing leaves no area unprotected. Developed through real testing during the Enduro World series, TCS Tough tires can take some serious abuse. TCS LIGHT FAST ROLLING (LFR)
- A fast and efficient centerline tread compound matched to sticky, low durometer side knobs coat a supple, gram-conscious casing designed to be compliant while still trail worthy. SLASH GUARD
- Slash Guard features a nylon insert spanning the entire sidewall, from the tire bead to the outer knob. The insert provides additional sidewall protection without adding unnecessary weight. Nylon is a highly durable material that resists slashes and gashes, making it ideal for defending the most exposed area of the tire. Slash Guard provides an intermediate level of protection for those wanting extra sidewall durability without the weight of a dual ply casing. TRITEC COMPOUND
- Three compounds provide optimal levels of traction, support and durability. A base of high durometer rubber supports the entire tread and transitions into the knobs to prevent folding or squirming. Medium stiffness center knobs cap the base layer to provide traction and durability without sacrificing rolling efficiency, while soft compound side knobs deliver maximum grip and slow rebound for increased cornering traction.