Ursus Gauro disc-wheel
Here is Ursus Gauro, the lenticular road racing cycling wheel which is became through the years the lethal weapon of various champions during time trial stages of the most important tours worldwide. When the challenge is against time, Gauro makes you fly, thanks to its moderate weight and its aerodynamic shape. You will be able to benefit from the low friction of this disk wheel, extremely reactive, till the finish line comes on sight.
URSUS creates its wheels always looking to create the best quality on structures and finnishings:
3K CARBON FIBER PERFORMANCE
3K is a woven carbon fiber frame and each square is composed of 3000 filaments. The plot is less visible and has a stiffness / weight which is slightly lower than the UK. The rim with this fiber type is more versatile and safe.
BBS BALL BEARING SYSTEM
System where four hub bearings are inserted for optimum fluidity. In the area behind the rear wheel hub there are two bearings in a line that restrict the pin from bending. The reduction of the lack eliminates the dispersion of power exerted on the wheel.
HIGH-TG RESIN SYSTEM
The carbon used in these rims and soaked by a particular resin is very resistant to high temperatures created from the brake pads on the rim. This part causes a lower deterioration of the carbon in time and thus a better performance of the final rim.
HPS HEATING PROTECTION SHIELD
An important system of inorganic reinforced fiber. Where the heat which is created from the rim during the breaking process is blocked by this particular shield, allowing the internal structure not to affect the integrity of the carbon..
- Rear wheel weight from 1010 g
- Material: Monocoque 100% carbon fiber.
- Wide profile: 20 mm
- Braking surface: carbon
- Diameter valve hole: 6 mm
- Advised Tires: Tire 28’’ diam. 700×23 and 700×25.
- Rim designation: Tubular 28’’ Ø 700
- Material: Carbon-alloy black; axle in alloy Al 7075. Seal ball bearing.
- Compatibility: Shimano/Campagnolo/SRAM
- Braking system: Blue brake pads for carbon rim provided by Ursus
- Quick Release: Ursus WB04 alloy quick release with CrMoLi Axle