Ursus Athon 'shadow/superlight' clincher
Athon are the perfect synthesis of the must have features that you’ll need from a road racing cycling wheel. Yet selected for training by professional teams which have chosen Ursus, it has stood for reliability in classic races such as the “Strade Bianche”. An aluminum low profile (24 mm) rim, associated with a pair of smooth Ursus CNC machined hubs, makes Athon extremely comfortable, supersoft on roughness, slight uphill and responsive at the same time.
URSUS creates its wheels always looking to create the best quality on structures and finnishings:
SLN SELF LOCKING NIPPLES
Thanks to the patented self-locking nipples sphere perforated nylon is inserted into the brim of the spoke nipples, This totally eliminates the problem, when decreasing speed, of rays, allowing the wheel to stay centered and tensioned over time.
BBS BALL BEARING SYSTEM
System where four hub bearings are inserted for optimum fluidity. In the area behind the rear wheel hub there are two bearings in a line that restrict the pin from bending. The reduction of the lack eliminates the dispersion of power exerted on the wheel.
LCS LANE CONTROL SYSTEM
The sides of the wheel rim are CNC machine anodized with high precision unit. This process allows efficient braking due to increased friction and a high degree of parallelism between the pad and rim.
DWS DEEP WELDED SYSTEM
This System allows a perfect resistance to traction, torsion, and tear at the vulnerable point of the wheels rim. The wheels rim is designed in close connection with alloy 50886 H34 and then glued to the hill through the injection of high structural features, according to the process EPX Scotch WEID.
- Material: Clincher rim in alloy 6005 T6 anodizzato nero.
- Height profile: 24 mm, Wide profile: 20 mm
- Rim holes: front 20 holes, rear 24 holes
- Braking surface: Alloy
- Diameter valve hole: 6 mm
- Advised Tires: Tire 28’’ diam. 700×23 and 700×25.
- Rim designation:622 x 14 C
- Front wheel weight from 700 g
- Rear wheel weight from 855 g
- Front: Ursus RSJ24F
- Rear: Ursus RSJ24F
- Material: Black hubs in alloy. Seal ball bearing high fluidity SKF.
- Compatibility: Shimano / Campagnolo / SRAM
- Braking system: Pads for alloy
- Quick Release: Ursus WB05 alloy quick release with CrMoLi Axle
- Head Type: straight pull head and bend head rear cassette body side
- Nipples: external brass nipples thread lock system
- Number of Spokes: 20 front and 24 rear
- Spokes: inox flat; front: radial; rear: 8-16 radial/ 3° crossing right side