In 2016, TRP began working with reigning world cup champion Aaron Gwin. Out of the gate, he was impressed with the initial level of performance, but he did have a list of improvements needed to achieve world cup winning performance.
Working closely with the TRP development team, improvements were made in nearly every part of the brake and tested on the world cup circuit throughout the season. We then carried some of these changes over to our Slate trail brake.
The Slate T4 is made from cast aluminum with a clean black finish. It also features the new drilled and dimpled lever blade, designed by Aaron Gwin. Riders will also find benefits in the four piston caliper, tool-free reach adjust, and top loading caliper.
- Four piston forged caliper
- Tool free reach adjust
- Top loading semi-metallic pads
- Available in black
- Adjustable banjo fitting for optimal hose routing
- Split hinged handlebar clamp
- I-Spec b, I-Spec ll (XT and XTR only) or matchmaker compatible with correct TRP adapter to match shifter
- Ergonomic dimpled and drilled alloy lever designed by Aaron Gwin
- Weight: 287g (front)
- Rotors and Adapters Sold Separately