In 2016, TRP began working with reigning world cup champion Aaron Gwin. Out of the gate, he was impressed with the initial level of performance, but he did have a list of improvements needed to achieve world cup winning performance.
Working closely with the TRP development team, improvements were made in nearly every part of the brake and tested on the world cup circuit throughout the season. The result is G-Spec, Aaron Gwin asked and we delivered every detail.
We took most of those changes and put them into the more affordable standard Quadiem. This brake features a lever made from cast aluminum and a forged/CNC’d caliper. Both of which have been given a sleek painted silver finish. It also features a new dimpled and drilled lever blade designed by specifically by Gwin. In the brake riders will also find hybrid pistons (ceramic/steel) for improved heat dissipation, tool free indexed reach adjust and cooling fins on the caliper.
- Exact same world cup winning performance with a more affordable painted finish
- Four hybrid piston caliper (ceramic/steel)
- CNC cooling fins on the caliper
- Split hinged handlebar clamp
- Brake hose: front 1000mmm, rear 1900mm long
- I-Spec b, I-Spec ll (XT and XTR only) or matchmaker compatible with correct TRP adapter to match shifter
- Ergonomic dimpled and drilled alloy lever designed by Aaron Gwin
- Mineral oil
- Weight: 323g (front)
- Adapters and rotors sold separately
“Impressive control aside, as so many other brakes seem to become less reliable, it might be the G-Spec’s consistency that wins many riders over.” Pinkbike.com
“The Quadiems deliver more than enough power to slow this 200-lbs tester down with one finger on any terrain, and once you get used to them, they do it in a very predictable manner.” Vital MTB
“In fact, we would go as far as to say that if you are looking for a powerful, gravity focused brake, the TRP G-Spec Quadiem is one of the best performing brakes on the market.” Enduro-MTB.com