Our Long Haul Trucker enjoys a reputation as one of the best riding and most value-packed touring bikes out there. It’s been around long enough to be tested in the real world, in all kinds of places, with all kinds of loads on all kinds of roads.
Sometimes, however, a combination of load, climate, and terrain demands a bit more braking performance than a standard rim-brake LHT can provide. That’s where the Disc Trucker comes in. Disc Trucker is a Long Haul Trucker specifically designed for the unique forces discs impose. We’ve made sure it can run discs, racks, and fenders with no jury-rigging, a somewhat unique feature we’ve just now decided to call Simulpatibility.
Most of the components on the complete bike are the same as the standard LHT, parts were chosen for their balance of technical capability, durability, and value. The drivetrain uses the sort of wide gearing you will need for loaded and unloaded travel, cable operated disc brakes for their proven reliability and ease of service, and hubs that are durable and easy to maintain.
You’ll need to outfit it with the extras you want, like fenders and racks. We don’t include that stuff because everybody’s needs are different. From the casual commuter to the person who rides around the world more than once, the Disc Trucker is more than capable. It’s a tool designed from the ground up to take you and a bunch of stuff just about anywhere you’d like to go. It is a tool to help you get lost and find yourself.
- Sizes: 26˝ wheel 42, 46, 50–62cm // 700c wheel 56–64cm
- Frame: Surly Disc Trucker, 100% Surly 4130 CroMoly steel
- Fork: Surly Disc Trucker fork
- Seatpost Clamp: Surly Stainless, 30.0mm
- Tubing: 100% Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. ED Coated
- Rear Dropouts: Vertical, 135mm O.L.D
- Brake Compatibility: Disc Trucker uses 51mm disc calipers (160mm rotor only)
- Braze-ons/extras: Kickstand Plate, upper bosses and dropout eyelets for racks front and rear, fender eyelets, pump peg, downtube lever bosses, three sets of H2O cage bosses, emergency spoke mounts
- Seatpost diameter: 27.2mm
- Seatpost clamp diameter: 30.0mm, Surly stainless included
- Headset/Steerer Tube: EC34/28.6 upper, EC34/30 lower
- Front Derailleur Clamp Diameter: 28.6mm (bottom-pull)
- Bottom bracket shell: 68mm wide, threaded standard English (1.37" x 24t)
- Chainring Clearance: 42/53t double, 38/52/56t triple
- Tire Clearance: 26": 2.1" with or without fenders, Individual tire and rim combos affect tire clearance
- Fork: 4130 CroMoly, lugged and brazed. Proprietary sloping crown with threaded eyelets, tapered and butted curved blades with mid-blade rack eyelets, dual dropout eyelets
- Weight: 42cm = 4.98 lb (2.25kg) 26" Fork—uncut = 2.1 lb (0.97kg)
|Seat Tube Length|
|Top Tube Length|
|Effective Top Tube Length|
|Head Tube Angle||70.0°||70.0°||71.0°||71.0°||71.0°||71.0°||71.0°|
|Seat Tube Angle||75.0°||74.5°||74.0°||73.5°||73.0°||73.0°||72.5°|
|Head Tube Length||110.7||116.7||144.0||163.0||182.0||203.0||222.0|
All dimensions are preliminary and subject to change
* Standover is measured from the top of the TT, at the center, with a tire measuring approximately Ø628 or 690mm