SRAM RED eTap AXS HRD Shift-Brake System
Fully wireless electronic shifting. Fully hydraulic disc braking. The SRAM RED eTap AXS HRD shift-brake system is the future. And the future is custom. AXS enabled and easily personalized for hand size and reach, this is the best shifting and braking experience — for all riders.
- AXS enabled for easy personalization
- Simple and intuitive eTap shift logic
- Personalize for your hands and preferences using Contact Point Adjustment and separate Reach Adjust with HydroHC brake platform
- Newly textured shift paddles and hoods for a better feel
- Two ports for Blips on each lever
- Bleeding Edge technology for easy and clean brake bleeds
- Available in flat mount and post mount caliper options
With this new caliper fluid circuitry, the bleed port has been moved to the bottom of the caliper, and all four piston bores can communicate. This way, during bleeding fluid naturally fills the caliper, resulting in an easier, more consistent bleed.
Contact Point Adjustment
Some people like the instantaneous power of a short lever throw. Others prefer the feel of a longer throw. With Contact Point Adjust, you can pick the position you want your fingers to be in when your brakes are engaged. It’s a quick and easy way to customize the feel of your brakes without having to move the pads. It’s also a way to balance both brake levers to feel exactly the same.
Brake lever fit and feel is a personal thing. Riders have individual positioning preferences, as well as unique hand sizes and finger lengths. Reach Adjust makes it easy to adjust your lever for maximum one-finger control for everyone.
All of the underlying tech in our new SRAM RED eTap groupset, such as wireless shifting, advanced battery power management, and mechatronics technologies, are meant to serve one ultimate purpose: to facilitate the most intuitive and consistent shifting available. This shift logic is called eTap. Right lever makes it harder, left lever makes it easier, both levers shift the front derailleur. Simple, unmistakable, and intuitive.
AXS is SRAM’s new bike component integration system that connects electronic bicycle components and software. The SRAM AXS app allows riders to see battery status, change component behavior, personalize controls, get maintenance reminders, and update firmware.
Road bikes are faster and more capable than ever before, and riders are expanding what’s possible with drop bar bikes. X-Range is gearing for today’s road riding. We completely reimagined road gearing for wider range, more useful and smoother gear progression, as well as smarter shift settings—enabled by AXS. With X-Range, you’re always in the right gear.
- Lever orientation: Right, Left
- Brake orientation: Rear, Front
- Compat Derailleur (Hyd): AXS
- Brake lever material: Carbon LFRT
- Shift lever material: Plastic
- Color Caliper: Grey
- Pad type (Disc): Steel-backed organic