SON XS / XS 100
Here they are at last: redesigned, new, small and narrow hub dynamos for folding bikes. We were able to make SONdelux and SON 28 smaller and lighter owing to the spherical housing and reduced flange diameter. For SON XS we had to advance technically: The new bodies have lateral slots instead of spoke holes. Straight pull spokes are placed into the slots as also found in system-wheels. This makes the wheel elegant and durable simply because there is no bending moment in the spoke elbow.
The new hubs are about 40 grams lighter than the previous XS models, which will continue to be for those devoted to classical design and polished surfaces. The new hub surface is anodized. Three standard versions (silver, black, silver-black-silver) are available from stock. Custom-made versions can be assembled variously in 6 anodized colours "à la carte".
- New: SON XS semiradial polished and black anodized
As with the classical XS there are three types of axles: for Brompton (axle diameter 8 mm and 74 mm O.L.D.), for Dahon and Tern (9 mm and 74 mm O.L.D.) and for standard fork width (100 mm O.L.D.) the XS 100.
- Technical Data
- Electric Power: 6V / 3W according to German government's road traffic regulations (StVZO)
- German Mark of Conformity: ~~~ K 439 for 16" 20"
- Efficiency: 60% at 15 km/h
- No-Load Power Input: 0.7 Watt at 15 km/h
- Magnets: neodym iron boron, 26 poles
- Connection: 4.8 mm flat spades, 2-pin, to connect without ground connection
- Axle: hollow axle aluminium 7075 T6
- Bearings: deep groove ball bearing 629 2RSH (SKF)
- Hub Shell: aluminium 6082 anodized and polished
- Sealing: alloy dust shields, rubber lip seals and pressure compensation system
- Spoke Drillings: 20, 24, 28 or 32
- Weight: 345 g (without skewer)
- Width Axle Ends: 74 mm (XS), 100 mm (XS100), other types available on request
- Warranty: 5 years