There are 3 types of installation for the new DA Di2 groupset:
If you need an in-depth explanation of the new Di2 installation types please have a look at those documents: Dura-Ace Di2 R9170
The new 9150 Di2 has a number of innovations not seen before most notable synchronized shifting which is a programmable option. You can chose to have the system auto shift the front chain rings based on chain position in the rear or you can program it to shift to the optimal rear cog based on the front chain ring selection.
The junction box is now available in three versions and can be hidden in the frame, handlebar or the traditional under stem mount.
The EW-WU111 wireless transmitter unit, allow connectivity to iOS and Android devices. With use of Shimano's free app and the Shimano power meter it promises to be the ultimate system for any high end road machine.
The new Dura-Ace R9150 Shifters are made for both mechanical rim brake and hydro disc brake with a very similar shape to the current Dura-Ace but a enhanced "mechanical like" feeling shift button. The new 9150 and 9170 Di2 levers have more surface area, more tactile feedback and a louder click on the buttons. DRIVETRAIN:
DURA-ACE Crankset increases efficiency and versatility
The FC-R9100 HOLLOWTECH II crankset’s shaping improves upon DURA-ACE’s iconic 4-arm design, adding strength and rigidity while minimizing weight. Shimano’s Rider Tuned gearing offers a number of chainring configurations with a singular BCD for ease of use and versatility. Through redesigned chainring tooth profiling, the DURA-ACE R9100 crankset is adapted for the latest disc brake frame designs without the need to increase q-factor.
New Power Meter furthers Shimano's system integration
- Enhanced design saves 7g while maintaining rigidity
- Iconic 4-arm construction
- Optimized crank arm design strengthens key stress zones
- New chainring tooth profile is adapted for race bike specific disc brake systems
- Accommodates shorter chainstays (410mm) with 135mm OLD
- HOLLOWGLIDE chainring construction
- Crank arm lengths: 165, 167.5, 170, 172.5, 175, 177.5, 180mm
- Rider Tuned gear combinations (2x11): 50-34T, 52-36T, 53-39T, 54-42T, 55-42T
- Weight: 609g (50-34T), 621g (53-39T)
The FC-R9100-P delivers world-class power measurement seamlessly designed into the new DURA-ACE HOLLOWTECH II crankset. The dual-sided strain gauges are internally hard wired together for reliable performance in all weather conditions and accurate measurement regardless of pedaling position. Shimano’s integrated approach also ensures simplified maintenance with a single rechargeable battery powering the entire unit and the ability to wirelessly update firmware.
Simplified shifting and improved ergonomics for TT/Triathlon
- Integrated design delivers system reliability and waterproof performance in all conditions
- Dual-side strain gauges are hard wired together for accurate data collection and direct response
- ±2% strain gauge power measurement accuracy
- Stable power measurement system across all pedaling positions
- Reliable electrical system that is waterproof in all conditions
- Single rechargeable battery for easy maintenance
- Easily swap chainrings without affecting power measurement
- Bluetooth and ANT+ wireless communication
- Crank arm lengths:
- 170, 172.5, 175mm (w/chainrings)
- 165, 167.5, 170, 172.5, 175, 177.5, 180mm (w/o chainrings)
- Rider Tuned gear combinations (2x11): 50-34T, 52-36T, 53-39T
All-new Di2 TT/Triathlon Dual Control Levers are also available in mechanical rim brake and hydraulic disc brake versions. Utilizing a single switch design and slimmer profile, the new TT/Triathlon shifter provides superior ergonomics and aerodynamics. The new SW-R9160 Remote Shifter features an incredibly low-profile design with a new switch design optimized for hand positioning on the extensions.
- ST-R9160, Di2 TT/Triathlon Dual Control Lever (2x11-speed)
- ST-R9180, Di2 TT/Triathlon Hydraulic Disc Brake Dual Control Lever (2x11-speed)
SW-R9160, Di2 Remote TT/Triathlon Shifter
- Slimmer, more aerodynamic shape and improved grip feel
- Optimum power transmitted with firm grip
- More control and confidence in race condition
- Improved shift switch placement for operation without removing hands from the bars
- Intuitive shifting control
- Single button on each side of the shift lever designed to work with Synchro Shift
- Each switch available with multi-shift on/off
- Increased E-TUBE project customization
- Each switch has the option for multi-shift
- Customizable function to fit any riding style
- Integrated E-TUBE cable and internal brake cable routing for enhanced cockpit aesthetic and aerodynamics
Easy to push the thumb switch when gripping the top of the TT extension
This article cannot be shipped to countries outside of the European Union and all other countires of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA).
Only for short time: Groupset promo discount
Save 25 EUR when ordering a groupset*
*valid from 1500 EUR gross total groupset value; discount will automatically being added at shopping basket