EKAPIC CRANKSET - BOSCH GEN4 COMPATIBLE A real eMTB crankset
It is not just another crankset for eBike, it is a crankset designed by and for eMTB.
The new dedicated eMTB cranks have evolved the technology, engineering, and design from ROTOR’s existing range of mountain bike cranks to produce the eKAPIC crankset adapted specifically to e-mountain bikes. The lightest
The eKAPIC is crafted out of forged and CNC’d 6082 aluminum, and features ROTOR’s Trinity Drilling System, which is a process that drills three full-depth holes along the axis of the crank.
TDS removes excess material from the crank arm, resulting in a lighter crank without compromising its stiffness-to-weight ratio. As an example, the Fazua-compatible eKAPIC weighs in at 403 grams for 170 mm cranks. Narrow Q-factor
Among its many features, the eKAPIC has one that’s immune to marketing hyperbole: a narrow Q-factor.
The use of a narrow Q-factor gives you a pedaling position similar to that of a human-powered bicycle, which has been perfected for more than a century. Anyone who has ever suffered problems related to the hips or knees would want to minimize the factors that would lead to further injury.
The eKAPIC’s narrow Q-factor allows the rider to go off-road without risking biomechanical damage from awkward pedaling. Universal Tooth
Chainring tooth design has become a fierce competition to patent a design that works flawlessly. Proprietary design however, often requires proprietary chain compatibility, which turned users off. Rather than engage in the battle, ROTOR has chosen to mitigate it with its new Universal Tooth pattern. After a lengthy and complex period of development, ROTOR has created the first chainrings that are 100 percent compatible with all the 1x e-mtb groupsets currently in the market.
ROTOR’s Universal Tooth design is compatible with SRAM, Shimano and KMC MTB chains. Short Description
- Crank lenghts available: 165 mm | 170 mm | 175 mm
- Chainrings sizes: 36T | 34T | 32T (Available separately)
- Weight: 415 g (170 mm crank arms)
- Weight: 96 g (34T chainring)
- Weight: 5 g (spacers & O-ring)
- Weight: 8.5 g (lockring)
- Weight: 16 g (bumper set)
- Chainring assembly: Direct Mount
- Chainline: 52 mm
- Q-Factor: 171 mm
- Spindle spline: ISIS Drive
- Included: Crank arms include spacer & black bumper set
- Material: Forged 6082 aluminum CNC machined (crank arms)
- Material: 7075-T6 CNC Alloy (chainring)
- Technologies: Alu7075 | CNC | Direct Mount | Trinity Drilling System