SID's Superlight Integrated Design structure plus 15mm Maxle Lite and the BlackBox carbon crown steerer create a chassis with all the stiffness you need at the weight you want.
The most famous fork in cross-country racing is now available for the 29-inch rider. With the 15mm Maxle Lite and, of course, the BlackBox carbon crown steerer, SID 29 offers all the stiffness you need at the weight you want. At 1572 grams (World Cup XX with 15mm Maxle Lite) the SID 29 World Cup is the complete race package that could be considered an unfair advantage.
Keronite is a registered trademark of Keronite International Limited.
Specifications for SID RCT3
- Travel 26": 80/100/120mm, 29": 80/100/120mm
- Wheels 26",27,5", 29"
- Weight 26" 80/100mm: 1355 g, 26" 120mm: 1375 g, 29": 1588g, *Weight based on 265mm tapered steerer, 9mm QR lower leg
- Damping Motion Control DNA with Dig valve and Rapid Recovery rebound
- Available Springs Solo Air
- Adjustments External rebound, low speed compression, 3 position compression (open/platform/lock)
- Steerer Options 26": Aluminum 1 1/8", 29": 1-1/8" aluminum & 1-1/8"-1.5" tapered aluminum
- Crown Forged, Hollow AL66 TV Aluminum
- Upper Tubes 32mm, Fast Black, Low Friction Anodized
- Lowers Magnesium, post mount disc brake with carbon Power Bulge, 15 x 100mm Maxle Lite (+87g)
- Options PushLoc Remote (RL & RLT models)
- Recommended Rear Shock Monarch
- Maximum Rotor Size 200mm
- Color Options Black, White
- Remotes No Remotes for SID RCT3
- Other Options: PushLoc Remote (RL & RLT models)
RockShox has redesigned the rebound piston to accommodate the Dig Valve, which provides the optimal level of control for both low and high speed compression, carefully controlling the oil flow to provide the rider with the right amount of support and impact absorption. The piston redesign allows the use of Rapid Recovery, a rebound tune that allows the shock to recover faster between consecutive bumps, for greater traction and a more controlled ride.
Who knew we could make a thru axle disappear? The new Maxle Stealth offers a light, low profile alternative to Maxle Lite and Maxle Ultimate.
Motion Control DNA
- Who doesn’t want more? As a mountain biker, more might mean more rocks, roots, and descents. More also could mean switchbacks, single tracks and steep ascents. The various configurations of Mission Control DNA were designed for those who want more out of their ride, and need more out of their suspension.
- For the different riding styles there are four models of Motion Control DNA with Dual Flow rebound (exclusively available in SID and Revelation): XX, RCT3, RTL and RL.
- XX - Designed for riders looking for more efficiency.
The XX Motion Control DNA damper features RockShox’s XLoc hydraulic remote lockout for the lightest, most ergonomic go-fast solution.
- RCT3 – Designed for riders looking for more bump gobbling performance.
The new RCT3 damper features three distinct knob positions – Open, Threshold and Lock. The rider is able to quickly and easily access these three modes to manipulate damping performance for specific terrain:
- Open for bump-gobbling performance
- Threshold for efficiency and moderate bump compliance
- Lock for ultimate pedaling efficiency
- In addition to its three distinct modes, RCT3 features an independent adjustment of low speed compression.
- RLT – Designed for riders who are looking for more stable ride.
Featuring the adjustments of Motion Control – compression-to-lock with adjustable threshold updated with a Motion Control DNA spring tube and refined Dual Flow rebound.
- RL – For riders looking for a more simple approach to suspension set up. The Motion Control DNA spring tube and refined Dual Flow rebound mated to compression-to-lock adjustability with a factory set threshold.
When you need your forearms to be stronger for more control, you bulk them up in the gym. When you need more durability from your fork, bulk them up with our Power Bulge. Other companies just increase the stanchion size adding extra weight. Power Bulge simply reinforces the lower leg to allow for an oversized bushing, increasing stiffness and maximizing your ride. Plus, it’s called Power Bulge.
Who doesn't want more available wheel travel for successive hits? The Rapid Recovery System allows the shock to recovery faster between consecutive bumps, letting the wheel track the ground with greater precision. This more active suspension system, doesn’t pack up and enables the bike to ride in a higher and softer part of the spring rate. Rapid Recovery gives the rider access to more available wheel travel, bump after bump, to achieve a smoother and more controlled ride.
Solo Air is like a Buddhist monk. Its enlightened design lets you add air to your forks through a single Schrader valve, filling both the positive and negative air spring chambers simultaneously. So they’re always in perfect equilibrium, like Yin and Yang. Giving you a plush, predictable ride you can set up in seconds, with the lightest weight air spring on the market.