When RockShox re-launched Pike in 2013, it immediately became the benchmark for Trail and Enduro forks, with a supple and progressive feel that simply could not be matched. To ensure Pike’s continuing domination of the class, we put it on a weight-loss program, added the new Charger 2 damper, included remote options, and gave it a graphic-package makeover that aligns with the all-new chassis design. Riders will benefit from Pike’s increased steering authority—thanks to BOOST-only spacing, stiffness and lighter overall weight—the new friction-reducing DebonAir air spring and the potential to run wider (2.8") tires.
- Travel: 120mm, 130mm, 140mm, 150mm, 160mm
- Wheel: 27.5", 29"
- Damping Charger: 2 damper
- Available Spring: New friction-reducing DebonAir air spring
- Adjustment: External rebound, low speed compression, 2 position remote compression (open/firm), External rebound, low speed compression, 3 position compression (open/pedal/firm)
- Steerer: 1 1/2" (38,1mm) - 1 1/8" (28,6mm) Tapered aluminum
- Offset: 46mm , 51mm
- Crown: Forged, hollow 7050 aluminum
- Upper Tube: 35mm tapered wall aluminum, Fast Black
- Lower: Magnesium, for disc brake (PM mount) up to 220mm Ø, with Maxle Ultimate thru axle, 15 x 110mm
- Weight: 1841g (140mm)
It’s ok to be soft. DebonAir is not ashamed to give way under the weakest push. In fact, it makes Monarch and Monarch Plus shocks plusher than ever, right from the start. It might seem a weakness, until you take DebonAir to the trail. The connection between your bike and the terrain will be seamless, as your DebonAir equipped shock absorbs every little hit without any harsh feeling on your body. A shock so soft, you can push way harder.
Charger 2 Damper
- More linear spring curve: Lower force levels to move the shock into its travel 1st 1/3 of travel is what riders are most sensitive to
- More traction and control: No chop on initial hit. Better traction; rear wheel stays on the ground reacting to small bumps
The evolution of the acclaimed Charger, RockShox’s most advanced damper, brings a whole new level of performance and refinement for each intended use.
The new damper designs provides a wider range of low speed compression adjustment in the Open mode, with a more usable Pedal setting that excels on rolling trails. The Firm setting on Pike and Lyrik has be re-tuned, and remote options with OneLoc provide on-the-fly access to the Firm mode and are an excellent match with RockShox Deluxe, Super Deluxe and Super Deluxe Coil remote rear shocks.
Who doesn't want more available wheel travel for successive hits? The Rapid Recovery System allows the shock to recovery faster between consecutive bumps, letting the wheel track the ground with greater precision. This more active suspension system, doesn’t pack up and enables the bike to ride in a higher and softer part of the spring rate. Rapid Recovery gives the rider access to more available wheel travel, bump after bump, to achieve a smoother and more controlled ride.
Don’t set your sag correctly, and you might as well be hopping onto someone else’s bike. But why bust out plastic clips or rulers to keep your suspension fine-tuned? Our sag gradients are printed right on our fork’s upper tubes and shock damper bodies making perfect suspension setup easy and accurate. So give mom back her plastic clip and ruler.