he Scorpion MTB Rear Specific is a mountain-bike tyre designed to maximise traction and rear tyre durability in numerous racing conditions. The tread was designed for the same terrain as the Scorpion MTB Mixed Terrain, with knobs of average height and spacing and a wide range of applications focusing on mixed conditions, whether dry or wet, during traction and when cornering and braking with the bike at an angle.
The use of the special SmartGRIP Compound guarantees an elevated adaptability and at the same time resistance to tearing, offering elevated grip in all weather conditions, be they dry or wet: the best ally for your performance off-road.
- 2.2: rip-resistant rubber compound with 120 tpi reinforcement of the sides to offer greater protection against puncturing and cutting without sacrificing performance
- 2.4: rip-resistant rubber compound, casing of robust 60 tpi nylon and additional 120 tpi reinforcement of the sides for greater protection against puncturing and cutting without sacrificing performance
- the SmartGRIP rubber compound guarantees elevated grip on wet surfaces; weather is no longer an issue, no sacrificing grip for dry or wet conditions
- the shape of the tyre has been optimised for modern rims made of aluminium or carbon with a wide internal groove
- 2.2: 120 tpi TUBELESS READY casing designed to dampen vibrations and make low pressure riding more stable with a wider footprint on the ground
- 2.4: robust 60 tpi TUBELESS READY Nylon casing, designed to dampen shocks and vibrations and make low pressure riding more stable with a wider footprint on the ground
- Weight: 740 gr / 29x2.2, 855 gr / 29x2.4