Baron MK3 Wheel
- Patented BST rim shape for improved handling and less rolling resistance with high volume tires
- Maximum stability and control with 35mm internal width
- Stronger, stiffer, and lighter 6069 alloy and rim shape
- Neo hubs with new Durasync freehubs accelerate quicker
- Most trusted tubeless system for easy setup and low maintenance
- Sapim Force spokes and Sapim Secure Lock aluminum nipples
- Available for SRAM XD and Shimano HG cassettes
- Also available as a custom build with additional axle configurations, including Cannondale Lefty SL, Lefty Supermax, and SRAM Predictive Steering
- WideRight optimized for 2.80”-3.20” Trail tires
The 35mm internal width of the Baron MK3 brings Stan’s unmatched traction and control to Plus tires. The Baron MK3 is optimized for 2.80”-3.20” Plus tires, and joins the Sentry and Major to offer the most rim width options for wider tires. The combination of a 35mm rim and Stan’s patented ultra low profile sidewall means the Baron MK3 keeps you in control on even the most technical trails, while still rolling faster than conventional rim designs. Our low profile rim shape is also lighter by design, a great advantage for Plus wheels. The Baron MK3 wheelset includes the Neo hub with CNC machined shell, updated axle and bearing placement for maximum durability, and six pawls for quick engagement. Tubeless performance has never been as fast, easy, and reliable. The Baron MK3 brings out the most in your high-volume tires.
Three times stiffer than our aluminum rims laterally, but absorbs radial impacts to withstand bigger hits and roll faster.
Our WideRight profile increases tire volume without negatively affecting tread shape or sidewall height.
BST rims are designed to match the shape of your tire's bead to create a safer and more secure air tight interface.
Our race-proven Neo hubs with Durasync & Neo Ultimate hubs with Speedsync offer the durability and faster engagement to handle today's most difficult trails and more aggressive riding style.
- Rim Internal Width: 35.0mm
- Rim External Width: 38.4mm
- Rim Depth: 18.1mm
- Spokes: Sapim Force Black 2.0/1.7/1.8mm
- Nipples: Sapim Secure Lock Alloy Black
- Hub: Neo with Durasync
- Hole Count: 32-hole, 32-hole
- Rim Material: 6069 Aluminum Alloy
- Hub Color: Black
- Rim Color: Black
- Brakes: Disc
- Valve: 35mm Presta
- Rim Weight: 523g (26") / 547g (27.5") / 583g (29")
- Wheelset Weight: 1867g (26”) / 1928g (27.5") / 2017g (29")
- Front Wheel Weight: 873g (26") / 904g (27.5") / 948g (29")
- Rear Wheel Weight: 994g (26") / 1024g (27.5") / 1069g (29")
- ERD: 539mm (26") / 564mm (27.5") / 602mm (29")
- ETRTO: 559x35.0 (26") / 584x35.0 (27.5") / 622x35.0 (29")
- ISO: 26"x38.4mm / 27.5"x38.4mm / 29"x38.4mm
- Tape: 36mm
- Max Spoke Tension: 125kgf (1225N)
- Max Rider Weight: 104 kilo (230lbs)
- Max Pressure with 2.80" Tire: 1.7 Bar (26psi)
- Max Pressure with 3.20" Tire: 1.5 Bar (22psi)