- Designed for trail riding
- 35mm internal width for added tire support
- Asymmetric Bead Socket Technology brings Stan’s legendary easy inflation and the most reliable airtight seal to wider, offset carbon rims
- Asymmetric rim shape with offset drilling improves bracing angle and balances spoke tension to create a stronger overall wheel
- Custom carbon layup equalizes impact forces on both the long and short sides of the rim, making both stronger
- Low-profile sidewalls and RiACT rim design creates a lighter rim that absorbs impacts for less rolling resistance and superior ride quality
- 100% CNC machined hubs with 6-pawl simultaneous engagement
- Sapim Force Black 2.0/1.7/1.8 spokes with Secure Lock aluminum nipples
- WideRight rim design optimized for tires up to 3.20”
- Custom build options and decal colors
- Available in all popular axle configurations
- Available for SRAM XD and Shimano HG cassettes
- Register your wheels for 7-year warranty and lifetime crash replacement
The Baron CB7 wheelset uses an asymmetric carbon rim with a 35mm internal width built to provide added stability and control with today’s wider tires and more capable trail bikes. Extremely light and strong, the Baron CB7 offers a variation of our patented Bead Socket Technology created specifically for wider asymmetric rims.
We partnered with our friends at Ibis to develop the Baron CB7 rim, and address many of the issues commonly found with wide carbon rims. Most wider carbon rims are notoriously difficult to work with when it comes to mounting, inflating, and removing tubeless tires. Many also don’t offer a reliable airtight seal under impact and when cornering. Wide and stiff carbon rims often put added stress on spokes and hubs and deliver a harsh ride that actually slows you down.
Working with Ibis, our engineers developed the Baron CB7 rim to solve every one of these common problems. By combining a strong and light asymmetric rim design with Stan’s patented Bead Socket Tubeless technology, we created a wide carbon rim able to live up to the high standards we set for tubeless performance.
The Baron CB7 uses an asymmetric design with offset spoke hole drilling to improve the bracing angle of the spokes and create a more stable, wider base that offers more support for the rim. When it comes to making a strong wheel, it’s tough to beat an asymmetric design, and Ibis has been using them for years, but until now, asymmetric designs offered relatively poor tubeless performance due to an imbalance caused by the two differently shaped sides of the rim. To solve this problem, our engineers developed a version of our patented Bead Socket Technology specifically made for asymmetric rims.
With five patents and counting, Bead Socket Technology tubeless rims make it easier to install, inflate, and remove tires. BST also offers the most dependable airtight seal in all conditions. Stan’s trademark low sidewalls are another aspect of BST the not only improves tubeless performance, but also provides increased strength while saving rotational weight for faster acceleration.
The low sidewalls, carbon lay-up, and overall shape of the Baron CB7 also incorporates RiACT, Stan’s radial impact absorbing carbon technology. While still offering excellent lateral stiffness, Stan’s RiACT carbon rims deflect radially to absorb impacts and vibrations, making them more durable, more comfortable and faster rolling.
The Baron CB7 wheelset is strong enough to receive our 7-year warranty. Register your wheels with us and your Baron CB7 wheelset is backed up by our 7-year warranty and lifetime crash replacement offer.
The Baron CB7 is available with our own Neo hubs featuring a Durasync 6-pawl freehub with fast 10-degree engagement, and triple freehub bearings to better distribute axle load. Neo hubs shells are 100% CNC machined for precision and roll on low-friction centerless ground axles for long life and reliable performance. Combined with mechanically locking Secure Lock nipples, Sapim spokes allow for a light but very strong wheel. Like all Stan’s wheels, the Baron CB7 relies on conventional j-bend spokes, which are easy to replace any almost any shop. Baron CB7 wheelsets are available to fit every common axle style.
With the combined experience of Stan’s and Ibis, the Baron CB7 is the best of both worlds: a strong and light asymmetric carbon rim design built around Stan’s patented BST technology for the best tubeless performance and overall ride quality.
- Rim Internal Width: 35.0mm
- Rim External Width: 41.0mm
- Rim Depth: 18.3mm
- Spokes: Sapim Force Black 2.0/1.7/1.8mm
- Nipples: Sapim Secure Lock Alloy Black
- Hub: Neo with Durasync
- Hole Count: 32-hole, 32-hole
- Rim Material: Carbon
- Rim Color: Black
- Hub Color: Black
- Brakes: Disc Only
- Valve: 35mm Presta
- Rim Weight: 420g (27.5”) / 455g (29”)
- Wheelset Weight: 1,674g (27.5”) / 1,761g (29”)
- Front Wheel Weight: 776g (27.5”) / 820g (29”)
- Rear Wheel Weight: 898g (27.5”) / 941g (29”)
- ERD: 564mm, 5mm Offset (27.5") / 602mm, 5mm Offset (29")
- ETRTO: 584x35.0 (27.5") / 622x35.0 (29")
- ISO: 27.5" x 41mm / 29" x 41mm
- Tape: 36mm
- Max Spoke Tension: 105kgf (1030N)
- Max Pressure with 2.80" Tire: 1.7 Bar (26psi)
- Max Pressure with 3.20" Tire: 1.5 Bar (22psi)
- Max Rider Weight: 113 Kg (250lbs)
Three times stiffer than our aluminum rims laterally, but absorbs radial impacts to withstand bigger hits and roll faster.
Our WideRight profile increases tire volume without negatively affecting tread shape or sidewall height.
BST rims are designed to match the shape of your tire's bead to create a safer and more secure air tight interface.
Our race-proven Neo hubs with Durasync & Neo Ultimate hubs with Speedsync offer the durability and faster engagement to handle today's most difficult trails and more aggressive riding style.