Today's World Cup downhill tracks are steep, technical monsters with ever-changing conditions. Our pros needed a mid-spike tire that could handle dry, loose, blown-out corners as well as a bit of mud. The Shorty is that tire. A high-volume, dual-ply downhill casing makes the Shorty a more versatile option than a dedicated mud spike like our Wet Scream. Large, tall and slightly staggered side knobs penetrate loose soil to provide predictable, stable cornering at warp speeds. The alternating pattern of the center tread features widely-spaced knobs to clear debris, and their square shape offers plenty of braking bite. For downhill mountain biking in gnarly, mixed conditions, the Shorty can't be beat!
3C Maxx Grip
- Use: DH
- Folding Clincher
- Weight: 1255g / 27.5x2.50 (63-584)
- Rubber compound: 3C MaxxGrip
- Our well-known 3C downhill compound, which many of the best downhillers have trusted for years, is now called 3C MaxxGrip. 3C MaxxGrip provides the ultimate in grip and cushioning for unparalleled downhills traction.
Tubeless ready (TR)
- Tubeless tires have many advantages: you can drive with less air pressure. This gives better traction and reduces rolling resistance. And where there is no hose, the risk of breakdown also decreases. MAXXIS TR tires are better prepared for installation with sealing milk than other "Tubeless Ready" tires. The bead of our TR tires is completely covered with a rubber layer like a real UST tubeless tire. As a result, tubeless fitting on all rims with standard dimensions is already successful on initial inflation and with little fluid.
Even "normal" MAXXIS MTB tires can be mounted like other tubeless tires with sealant as the carcass fabrics are very dense.
Officially released for tubeless assembly and guaranteed by MAXXIS are only the new MAXXIS TR models. Tubeless mounting of other models is at your own risk.
Wide Trail Casing (WT)
- Our Wide Trail (WT) design optimizes the profile layout and tire shape on today's wider wheel rims. Traditional tires are developed for narrow rims and get on square wheels too angular shape and thus a not exactly optimal performance.
WT tires are optimized for an inner rim width of 35 mm, but work perfectly on all rims with an internal dimension between 30 and 40 mm.
- Doubledown tires are built like our downhill tires: two carcass layers reinforced with a butyl liner in the sidewall. Thanks to two 120 TPI (instead of 60TPI) carcass plies and aramid ridge, they are significantly lighter than our downhill tires, much more stable and robust than our TR + EXO tires and therefore ideal for hard enduro courses.